I'm going to try and write down what I've been up to lately and fill in the voids, feelings, changes I'm feeling since the big reveal on 8-30-10.
Last week, I went out with the girls to Chevy's for some Mexican food on Wednesday. It was sooooo tasty and it was good to laugh a lot! :) It was hard keeping the secret from Becca and friends but I knew everything was still so soon to spill beans. We caught up and laughed a lot. Those girls know so much about the kardashians, reality tv, jersey shore, and all that tabloid crap. It's so much fun to just gab! :)
On Thursday the 2nd, I went out with Carla/Gabby/Kim/Marissa from LTF. It was great to see some of them. I haven't seen some of them in like 2 months so it was nice to catch up finally and laugh a lot. I ate so much this night! Definately for 2. Rock Bottom ultimate sampler appetizer is delish! This night was a little easier to keep the secret since the girls weren't drinking $3.00 maragaritas like last night :) haha. :)
Friday night, I went to Chicago to Hackney's with Kelly, Andrew and his gf, Kristin. It was lovely to see all of them. We reminisced about IU, fall, work, vacations, and it was really great! Kelly came back on the Metra with me to Naperville. I didn't tell her about the baby yet because I figured again, too soon to tell. :) It was tough though. I had to hide the evidence in the house like the pregnancy tests, the prenatal vitamins... she asked why there was a thermometer out? I said I take my temperature a lot. Not a lie... but not the whole truth. ;/ I'll make sure to tell her when I'm a few more weeks along :)
Sunday, the 5th I went to Lisa's wedding stag. Dave had to work at Outback so I knew this would be an event to figure out. On my way to the Museum of Contemporary Art, I called Lauren to tell her the good news as I was combusting inside. I HAD TO TELL!!! LOL. She was shocked, excited, and had some really helpful and insightful words.. as she is a momma x2. The wedding went well, I was really tame and kept to myself because I didn't want to be a social butterfly and then explain why I wasn't drinking. I was dreading that question! Thankfully.. no one asked :) Phew! It was a fun night and Lisa looked stunning! I came just before midnight and crashed.
Monday, was ANOTHER social event. LoL. HAD I KNOWN I WOULD BE PREGNANT I would not have planned so many social nights out. Geez! Oh well... I love friends! We had 2 barbeques to go to on Labor Day. We went to Joey T's first... and it was lovely. He has such a nice home and really lovely friends :) There were a few babies there so I was exploding inside because all I wanted to do was hold them, see them, and coochie-coo play with them. LoL. I restrained myself to avoid the 'EYE'. Dave did a nice job getting me water, fruit, and dodging any questions. We brought Bert and Ernie with us so I sat down on the carpet and made sure the dogs weren't bugging the babies there or causing any mischief. Then, after Joe's.. we went to my parents house at 4:00. Mom made yummy steak (well done of course ;)) and corn on the cob and baked potato!! MMM. My inlaws came, as did Brandon... BRANDON WAS THE FIRST PERSON WE TOLD WE WERE PREGNANT AND IN PERSON! It was a joy seeing him react in person. I highly recommend telling people in person and not over phone. It's really quite a remarkable memory to make. I'm hoping to tell my friends in person and not over the phone from now on :)
So now, that the hustle-and-bustle of Labor Day is over.. I'm taking it easy and keeping my planning/hanging out with friends to a minimum. I got an email from the bump.com that said I am 5 weeks along... but another one from babycenter.com today that said I'm 6 weeks along. If I had to place bets I'm thinking I'm 4 weeks along only. LOL. We'll see when the due date comes..
9/29/10 cannot come sooner. I can't wait to meet my OB and ask him questions.
My "great Expectations book" was delivered finally. Thank you bump.com for recommending the book and Ebay for the low price, $7.95 w/ shipping! I also picked up 3 books on SUnday while walking down Michigan Avenue before Lisa's wedding.
Update:
Georgie (our baby's ambiguous name) has been to...
things to look forward to..
Last week, I went out with the girls to Chevy's for some Mexican food on Wednesday. It was sooooo tasty and it was good to laugh a lot! :) It was hard keeping the secret from Becca and friends but I knew everything was still so soon to spill beans. We caught up and laughed a lot. Those girls know so much about the kardashians, reality tv, jersey shore, and all that tabloid crap. It's so much fun to just gab! :)On Thursday the 2nd, I went out with Carla/Gabby/Kim/Marissa from LTF. It was great to see some of them. I haven't seen some of them in like 2 months so it was nice to catch up finally and laugh a lot. I ate so much this night! Definately for 2. Rock Bottom ultimate sampler appetizer is delish! This night was a little easier to keep the secret since the girls weren't drinking $3.00 maragaritas like last night :) haha. :)
Friday night, I went to Chicago to Hackney's with Kelly, Andrew and his gf, Kristin. It was lovely to see all of them. We reminisced about IU, fall, work, vacations, and it was really great! Kelly came back on the Metra with me to Naperville. I didn't tell her about the baby yet because I figured again, too soon to tell. :) It was tough though. I had to hide the evidence in the house like the pregnancy tests, the prenatal vitamins... she asked why there was a thermometer out? I said I take my temperature a lot. Not a lie... but not the whole truth. ;/ I'll make sure to tell her when I'm a few more weeks along :)
Sunday, the 5th I went to Lisa's wedding stag. Dave had to work at Outback so I knew this would be an event to figure out. On my way to the Museum of Contemporary Art, I called Lauren to tell her the good news as I was combusting inside. I HAD TO TELL!!! LOL. She was shocked, excited, and had some really helpful and insightful words.. as she is a momma x2. The wedding went well, I was really tame and kept to myself because I didn't want to be a social butterfly and then explain why I wasn't drinking. I was dreading that question! Thankfully.. no one asked :) Phew! It was a fun night and Lisa looked stunning! I came just before midnight and crashed.
Monday, was ANOTHER social event. LoL. HAD I KNOWN I WOULD BE PREGNANT I would not have planned so many social nights out. Geez! Oh well... I love friends! We had 2 barbeques to go to on Labor Day. We went to Joey T's first... and it was lovely. He has such a nice home and really lovely friends :) There were a few babies there so I was exploding inside because all I wanted to do was hold them, see them, and coochie-coo play with them. LoL. I restrained myself to avoid the 'EYE'. Dave did a nice job getting me water, fruit, and dodging any questions. We brought Bert and Ernie with us so I sat down on the carpet and made sure the dogs weren't bugging the babies there or causing any mischief. Then, after Joe's.. we went to my parents house at 4:00. Mom made yummy steak (well done of course ;)) and corn on the cob and baked potato!! MMM. My inlaws came, as did Brandon... BRANDON WAS THE FIRST PERSON WE TOLD WE WERE PREGNANT AND IN PERSON! It was a joy seeing him react in person. I highly recommend telling people in person and not over phone. It's really quite a remarkable memory to make. I'm hoping to tell my friends in person and not over the phone from now on :)
So now, that the hustle-and-bustle of Labor Day is over.. I'm taking it easy and keeping my planning/hanging out with friends to a minimum. I got an email from the bump.com that said I am 5 weeks along... but another one from babycenter.com today that said I'm 6 weeks along. If I had to place bets I'm thinking I'm 4 weeks along only. LOL. We'll see when the due date comes..
9/29/10 cannot come sooner. I can't wait to meet my OB and ask him questions.
My "great Expectations book" was delivered finally. Thank you bump.com for recommending the book and Ebay for the low price, $7.95 w/ shipping! I also picked up 3 books on SUnday while walking down Michigan Avenue before Lisa's wedding.
Update:
Georgie (our baby's ambiguous name) has been to...
- Atlantis, Bahamas
- Downtown Chicago
things to look forward to..
- pumpkin patch rides
- Festival of Lights downtown
- Orlando, Florida for NYE
No comments:
Post a Comment