Week 14 email alert!
- My uterus' ability to expand (14 x in size, 20 in weight) is awe-inspiring; in practice, it kind of hurts. I agree! I have some aches and sharp pains hit my belly! Very few and far between so I should not complain.
- I'm still not showing!
- By now, my risk of miscarriage has gone way, way down! Makes me happy :)
- Baby is now the size of a lemon 3.4 Inches long. 1.5 oz in weight!
- Our little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop.
- Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over his/her body for warmth.
- My baby can now squint, frown, & grimace!
- His/her kidneys are producing urine, which he/she releases into the amniotic fluid around him/her-- a process he/she'll keep up until birth.
- His/her body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck.
- By the end of this week (11/13/10), his/her arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his/her body.
- His/her liver starts making bile this week-- a sign that it's doing its job right-- and his/her spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells.
- I can't feel his/her tiny punches and kicks yet, but my little pugilist's hands and feet are more flexible and active.
- Now.. the decision of finding out the sex... is looming it's way!
According to www.babycenter.com
Benefits of finding out:• Many women say they feel a deeper bond with the baby once they know the sex and can picture a little boy or girl.
• You can prepare an older sibling for the arrival of a new little brother or sister.
• You can narrow down your list of baby names.
• You can pick out a gender-specific nursery theme or baby clothes, if you want to.
Benefits of waiting:
• You, your partner, and your family will have a delightful surprise on the day you give birth.
• Your desire to know whether your baby is a boy or a girl might motivate you during the toughest parts of labor.
• You'll be following in the tradition of your parents, your parents' parents, and so on.
• There will be no mistakes — what you see is what you get!
• You can prepare an older sibling for the arrival of a new little brother or sister.
• You can narrow down your list of baby names.
• You can pick out a gender-specific nursery theme or baby clothes, if you want to.
Benefits of waiting:
• You, your partner, and your family will have a delightful surprise on the day you give birth.
• Your desire to know whether your baby is a boy or a girl might motivate you during the toughest parts of labor.
• You'll be following in the tradition of your parents, your parents' parents, and so on.
• There will be no mistakes — what you see is what you get!
Tomorrow we'll be sure to bring the camera with us to Oak Park for the sneak peek! Dave is 100% going to find out. I'd still love to be surprised and wish I could convince him otherwise. One thing is for certain, Dave is sworn to secrecy about the baby's sex. He is not allowed to tell anyone. We will use "he" and "Georgie" to our friends/family in dialogue. That was the condition of finding out the sex of the baby. He had to know but no one else can know. I want there to be a surprise! I'm pretty sure I won't find out the sex of the baby. We are getting the sneak peek, and the DVD video of it! :) Hopefully the baby is not shy but I'm fully aware that at 14 weeks 6 days... there is a 50/50 chance of us finding out. We can always go back for free in a week or so! :) I'm fine with waiting! :) lol
My coworker Toni, her son Joe had their Dr appointment on week 20; 10/28/10 and the baby was shy! They went again to a non-doctor appointment, like what I'm doing, and found out Tuesday 11/2/10 that it was a girl! So I'm fully aware 'finding out' is a priviledge but not to expect a GIRL or BOY announcement.
Stay tuned... for pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment