I'm 34 weeks now! Yay! Dave is on spring break so I've assigned him some honey-do's like Babyproofing the house (http://www.babycenter.com/viewArticle.htm?articleId=9445&scid=mbtw_preg34:1074) and cleaning out/organizing the garage. We have tons of old paint cans and excess stuff lying around. I hope he gets them done this week as he is super busy so having 40 hours off of work really should put him at ease and let him rest and catch up ! These 2 tasks unfortunately are hard for me.. now that I'm 34 weeks pregnant. Bending over is not a cup of tea! Even dusting, mopping, sweeping is exhausting.
So anyway Georgie is 34 weeks. Congrats to Georgie for making it this far!
Georgie is a cantaloupe! - Georgie weighs 4 3/4 pounds!
- Georgie is almost 18 inches long!
- Georgie's fat layers-- which he/she'll need to regulate body temperature once he/she is born-- are filling him/her out, making him/her rounder.
- Georgie's skin is also smoother than ever! (side note: I hope Georgie gets Dave's skin.. because I have that glorious combo oil skin and acne since 3rd grade)
- Georgie's central nervous system is maturing and his/her lungs are continuing to mature as well.
- Honorable mention in this week's update: If you've been nervous about preterm labor, which I haven't, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no othe rhealth problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
So... I'm hitting that step in the journey called exhaustion. I'm not sure if it's leftover side effects from the flu but at the end of the day, when I'm home or at work, I feel like I could sleep all day and all night. I've never been big into napping. Life is too short for napping in my opinion. However, nowadays I feel like I could nap a lot. I have been going to bed between 9:30-10:30 at night so I'm definitely not at that 'wall of pregnancy' where I come home and fall asleep on the couch. I'm not that tired. I think half the reason is because we have Bert and Ernie. They keep me energized and continue to beg for attention. LoL. Ernie is the energizer puppy and can play.. and play.. and play. Bert just desires affection, cuddling, love, and nap time on my lap and bump. He's such a cuddle-bug! So speaking of dogs...
On Saturday and Sunday I took the dogs out for 2 long walks with the stroller. I'm trying to get them acclimated to the process of waiting for a stroller to go out of the house and into the house, the sound of the noise over the cracks in the sidewalk, and basically the timing of it all. It's quite the task to walk with a stroller and 2 dogs. A lot to keep focused on. :) Plus, we live in a townhouse community so yea.. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER parks over sidewalks. Illegal people, illegal. Jerk faces! I wish me and my dogs.. and now my stroller didn't have to squeeze in between cars and off-road on the grass. Plus, my leash(s) ALWAYS get caught on exhaust pipes, license plate covers, and grills... I mean all the time! I don't mind hitting cars as I pass them and giving owners the stink eye as I walk past their homes. I'm that neighbor! You don't want to get on my bad side. Soon AFTER ENOUGH IMPATIENCE builds up, I'll be calling the Naperville Police department and having people get ticketed.. hopefully the pigs come out and do it. Don't you just love me. ;) Sorry inconsiderate people is my #1 complaint. Watch out!
So the name of today's blog is tired because that's just it. I'm tired. Not of being pregnant or Georgie... just me being tired.
On Saturday on I dusted/cleaned/and mopped. It seriously took me all day and I was very tired. Dave's dad Ted came over for an hour to help make the nursery even more picture perfect. He hung up 2 shelves. They look great! :) Thanks, Ted! Here are a couple pictures...the 2 shelves
close-up of the shelf
I also got my car detailed yesterday! :) It looks great. I'll post pictures soon of my 34 week bump and the car. I have to wait for everything to dry still.. but I'm excited to get the car MOMMY-FIED. With seat protector, over-the-seat storage, base, car seat, window shade, rear-view mirror installed. In my trunk, I'm going to put a bag full of baggies (for dirty diapers or dog-walk needs), a roll of paper towels, ArmorAll car wipes, towels, blankets for impromptu picnics this summer, and basically "clean up your car in case of a blow out moment". So that'll go in the trunk :)
What's coming up for Georgie? Nothing. Seriously. Nothing. We have nothing planned in April for that reason. We are going to relax and just enjoy the time for sleeping. I think I'll make plans with friends over lunch or dinner more on a week-to-week basis. This way I can still catch up with friends before as my friends/family say.. "my life changes forever.". I think we'll try and plan Dave's 31st birthday party (5-13-11 is his bday but we'll be busy) and Mother's Day for my mom and Dave's mom in April (5-8-11 is mother's day but we'll be busy). So kind of pushing up our May events to April will be smart.
So this is something I have to look forward to in my April's weekly appointments.. yuck. I won't comment on it but seriously not looking forward to this test .
Group B streptococcus screening
What is the test like?Your practitioner will swab the lower end of your vagina and your rectum (this won't be painful) and send the swabs to a lab to be grown in a culture that will identify whether GBS bacteria is present. Your results should be available in two to three days, and your practitioner will give them to you at your next prenatal appointment. If she doesn't tell you, be sure to ask.
You may have heard about GBS tests that can be done during labor and delivery in some hospitals, with results available within an hour or so. But the rapid tests are not as sensitive as those that allow time for the GBS to incubate. So at the present time, the CDC, ACOG, and AAP all still recommend screening at 35 to 37 weeks.
You are so organized and prepared!! I hope you can relax now knowing that you have everything taken care of!! Also, our little ones were born at 34 weeks and 5 days, so that website is correct! They only needed either 2 or 6 weeks in the hospital! :) Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDelete