Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Georgie!


You are just about 33 weeks old now but guess what, at Tuesday's OB appointment you are already measuring 33 weeks.. so kind of ahead of the curve. :) Woo hoo!  Perhaps we'll have a cinco de mayo baby or maybe an April baby. We'll see! Everything looks good, according to the doc and I'm keeping up with all of my to-do's in order to be prepared for Georgie. I'll start to feel braxton hicks contractions any day now.. or not at all. My next appointment is March 30th.. every 2 weeks now.



Georgie wasn't as active on St. Patrick's Day as he/she was on Tuesday and Wednesday.. nonetheless we had a nice day. On Wednesday and Thursday, we had some nice weather in Chicago. Sunny and warmer... in the 50's and 60's. It was nice. Renee and I got together too. We had dinner at Sweet Tomatoes and caught up. Renee missed the shower because she had her niece's 4th birthday party to attend. Renee and Nick got Georgie a changing-station basket full of goodies like an 18 piece grooming kit, dreft on-the-go tube for the diaper bag, formula dispenser, pacifier holder, pacifiers, pacifier wipes, bordeaux butt paste! So generous and we are excited for more goodies for Georgie. Thanks! :) 

I made sure to take pictures of Bert and Ernie today. They got groomed! Much needed! The last time they were groomed was the day after Thanksgiving. Here are some before and after pictures of Bert and Ernie. LOL. I should call the duo.. "the neglected".
thing 1.. Bert

AFTER.. sticking his tongue out at me. Haha!

AFTER.. all pooped and tuckered out.

Bert hates going to the groomer. :( so sad!

thing 2.. Ernie

Ernie was shaking at the groomer! Poor thing! He looks great though.

Closeup of Ernie!

My adorable lil guy!

I timed out their haircuts to coincide with our maternity photo session this Sunday. I wanted to make sure they looked cute, cut, and festive for our family pictures. This Sunday will be the first time we ever got any family pictures taken so I think it's worth seeing the 4 of us... before we become 5! Sondie said she'll come over and do my makeup before hand so that'll be nice catching up with her and getting some pampering done. She wants to see the nursery too so that'll be nice. She had to miss our shower last Saturday due to teaching at her aesthitician school/skin institute.  Amy then will come over around probably 2:30-3:00ish.  I'm excited! I know she'll do a great job. :)

On Saturday, Dave and I have our 'babycare plus' class from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. at Edward Hospital. This is our second of three classes we registered for. The class, according to our friends who took classes at the hospital, is THE BEST. We'll learn everything about 'baby care'. We'll learn about swaddling, how to install the car seat, sleep schedule, feeding, sick babies, jaundice, circumcision care, changing babies, etc. It'll be a real HANDS ON CLASS and I'm excited for Dave and I to take it :) Most of our friends are real forthright with giving us advice and we appreciate it. Renee and Stacey both attended this class and raved about it. I'm looking forward to learning more. Plus, I'm excited to learn how to put our car seat, into the car! Dave really feels our instincts will kick in and we'll be just fine. :) So we'll see.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!d Next year.. I'll drink a green beer ;) for now apple juice it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment