Friday, February 11, 2011

28 weeks and nursery planning

Georgie is 28 weeks tomorrow and is very active! I'm feeling 100%! At work, people are commenting "wow.. your really popping" and "getting bigger everyday"! :) I guess that's a good thing. I'm glad Georgie is growing and hopefully, staying healthy. It's time for squash!

We are getting a lot more stuff done in preperation for Georgie. Last night, I got the glucose tolerance test done. My mom took me to the DuPage Medical Group Lab on Rolling Ridge. Dave had parent/teacher conferences and I read on thebump and the Dr. confirmed that some women feel nauseous after this test so it's best "not to drive". Mom came over to the rescue! The test, taken as part of the screening for gestational diabetes, will measure the levels of glucose (sugar) in my blood usually between the 24th and 28th week of pregnancy.  I took it at 27 weeks and 5 days! First I got my blood drawn before we started. When I took the test, I  quickly drink a sample of Glucola (basically a sweetened Fruit punch drink) that contains 50g of glucose. The fruit punch drink thankfully was cold so it wasn't that bad! I needed to wait a full hour while my body absorbs the glucose before the nurse took a second sample of my blood. The results will show if my body has been responding to glucose positively or negatively. If my results are positive, I'll need to have another screening -- the 100-gram oral glucose tolerance test. During this one I'll be tested four times over a three-hour time span. If two out of the four test results show abnormality, I will be clinically diagnosed with gestational diabetes and will need to discuss a health plan for the remainder of my pregnancy with my doctor. We'll see.. check back later.

I also scheduled quotes/interviews with 5 painters so I should pick one by this Sunday!  We need our downstairs celing repainted and nursery/closet painted. Lord knows I'm not taking on those projects. Dave's time is really limited with everything between school, grad school, working at Outback part time, and growing his PrePaid Legal business 2 nights a week. No time for him to paint. 2 of the painters, our related to our friends so we'll see what the $ quotes come out to be. Whoever is cheapest, wins the bidding war! :)

The furniture will be transferred from Plainfield -> Naperville's Cribs To College anyday now so we've got to get this nursery emptied, our office boxes put into storage, and then painted before we pick up the furniture! So far I've met with 2 painters, have another one coming over tonight at 5:30, one tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m., and the last one on Sunday at 11:00 a.m.! So far, 2 painters recommended I NOT PAINT yellow! They said due to the amount of daylight the room already gets, it'll be SO BRIGHT otherwise. I really liked the idea of 2 yellow walls, and 2 yellow/white striped walls. :/      So, I'm kind of going back to the drawing board and googling nursery images to get new inspiration on what to do. I think I'm going to have to paint either 'cream' color or 'sage' color.. to keep it neutral. The painter, Scott, said he could do the artistic swirls. (see below images) Scott recommended I show him a sample of the bedding so I pulled up the images. I bought the 3 box/frames of wall art so we can try and match the paint to our bedding. They should come in the mail next week from babysupermall.com so I'll start to pick out colors.
The polka dots match the window valance and bedding. I like the sage green squiggles and think it's neutral!

Our BuyBuyBaby crib set we registered for

I'm in communication with someone on Etsy regarding our 2 wall, vinyl quotes we'll put in the nursery. I'm thinking we'll put the quotes above the crib and above the toy/bin/book area! :) They'll be under $30 (for 2) so that'll be a cheap decoration. Stay tuned for those.

I'm also loving this for above the crib or dresser or closet/door! http://www.etsy.com/shop/NelsonsGifts Not sure what color we'll do.. either sage, or gray, or black, or maybe even a Paprika/Cherry to match the crib/furniture. We'll see.. Maybe just white!? I'll order this later once we pick out a name!  I <3 Etsy! $32.00 with shipping! Not bad! I want to figure out the paint/color of the room first.

An example of the name this Etsy designer has in their shop

Finally, I set up 4 appointments with various BCBS PPO pediatricians this month. Dr. Pera on 2/18, Dr. Ruben on 2/19, Dr. Fisher on 2/24, and our last appointment is Wednesday March 2nd with DuPage Medical Group/Dr. Murphy.. so we'll have a pediatrician picked out by then! I'll pre-register for Edward Hospital as soon as I pick the pediatrician.

Things are moving fast! Our next Dr. appointment is at 29 weeks on President's Day (no school), Monday 2/21/11!

12 weeks to go! Our baby shower is a month from tomorrow.. can't wait :)

3 comments: