Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BLIZZARD 2011

Holy snow! It's a blizzard.
It all started Yesterday, Tuesday, February 1, 2011. Yesterday was quite the day. Everyone at work was talking about the hustle and bustle of the snow and what would happen to us and if we'd have to work. We got a HR memo basically stating that if we want to use a vac/sick/personal day Wednesday (2/2/11) we could and if we couldn't make it into work, we wouldn't incur points for our absence. So that was kind of crazy to hear the news/media portray this blizzard to be comparable to 1999's blizzard and 1979's.. and 1967's... and not have a 'snow day' announced at work. It was odd. I'll leave it at that.


Yesterday, I left work at 2:00 to attend my 2:20 OB appt, in Wheaton. The dr. office called to rearrange my Wednesday appointment due to the forecast.. so they kept calling me to try and squeeze me in this week. An appointment opened up so I left. Little did I know that 4 miles to the Wheaton Dupage Medical Group office would take me 30 minutes. I arrived late to the OB appt but was in and out. I arrived back to work at like 3:20ish but Toni, my coworker, told me to go home! Her and Susan were leaving as well. To be quite honest, I just drove  LOL! It was funny being scolded but I appreciate her concern about my safety. I go thome around 4:05. Dave walked in 5 minutes later. So we arrived safe and sound and our commutes were not more than 1 hour. We were lucky. I read on Facebook some statuses of people driving home for like 5+ hours, having to abandon their cars on Lake Shore Drive or Higgins. It was nuts! Thank god we got home safe and sound.  So back to the appointment. Everything looks greats and healthy. The fluid looks great around the baby. The cord's position was good. The measurements looked healthy too. I kept sneaking at the screen to see. It appears the head is measuring at a due date of 4/28/11.. and the body is measuring at a due date of 5/6/11. The ultrasound tech just said to keep telling people 5/10/11 so that's what I'm going to do.

Here are pictures of Georgie at my 26 weeks, 4 days. I took pictures of the print outs... so bear with the lack of clarity. I added labels. It was really cute. Georgie was very active during the photoshoot.  We even caught, on picture, OPEN eyes then CLOSED eyes. I saw Georgie with his/her legs crossed sitting comfy. I also saw Georgie's arms. :) I asked if there were 10 fingers and toes. The ultrasound tech said if I wanted a detailed ultrasound counting fingers, I'd have to have order a 'level 2' ultrasound. So here are the pix without further ado.
















Last night, as Dave and I tried to sleep we thought how lucky we are not to have the dogs with us. I dropped them off on Monday night in Rolling Meadows because I thought getting to-from work at normal hours.. plus my 'lunch break' would be impossible. Bert and Ernie need a noon walk as they can't hold it that long. So mom volunteered to watch the dogs.. so, I was really happy that I drove on Monday night to drop them off. I could not imagine walking them in our neighborhood. NOTHING WAS PLOWED. The wind was unbearable. And, we don't have a fenced-in-yard or deck we could shovel to let the dogs 'out' for a bit. The wind was SO LOUD. I'm happy Bert and Ernie are having fun with grandma and Chewy during this madness. I miss them a whole lot and would love to see the snow OVER THEIR HEADS this morning. LOL. Also last night, we kept hearing things on the roof. I was like "is that the roof blowing off?" Dave said "it was probably the ice coming off the roof". I hope it's not the roof. We'll see. I think I'll call our association once winter is over, and everything melts to see what's going on up there on the roof. That noise was crazy.

Here are some pix of what we woke up to... Blizzard 2011.

On a side note, it's groundhog day. And, Phil forecasted no shadow thus.. early Spring. That'd rock. I'd love spring weather to enjoy before Georgie.
I asked for it? Right? "Let it snow"


THE SNOW GOT INSIDE!

Burrr.. It's cold.. inside our house.. and outside!

 Snow on the wreath
5-10 foot drifts in the backyard/front yard!

At least these doves are enjoying the snow!

Me at 26 wks, 4 days.. GEORGIE'S FIRST BLIZZARD!

Georgie & I on the side of our home

The bump.. from the front view. 

Dave STARTED to bear the weather and shovel!!!

 To the rescue... the association's plows came through at 11:09 a.m.

View from our front

Dave's car!

Look at that drift snow... it's gotta be 12 feet high

The center of our island, in Blossom Court. Naperville plows still need to make it through.

Dave conquering the snow! He's proud of his shoveling.

Dave and the huge mound of snow in the front of our townhouse

Dave and his bench... aka the bush :)


2 comments:

  1. I loved the ultrasound pictures! My favorite pictures are the profile ones! He or she is going to be an adorable little one! You had some great pictures of the Blizzard too! I am glad that Dave has a second snow day too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen. :) That means a lot. I'm excited for the baby. Seeing the baby.. and actually 'seeing the baby' within the ultrasound monitor makes it feel REAL FOR ME. The last 2 times I've seen the baby it's been like "is that the head or what is that?" It was hard to visualize. The baby was moving a lot on Tuesday, the baby was crossing the legs/at the ankle, and the baby's eyes were opening/shutting during my 26 wk ultarsound! It was super cute and awesome. I don't think I'll have any more ultrasounds unless again, these didn't depict a good enough view of the 'heart' for my doctor. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete