Georgie is 30 weeks!

- I'm 7 months with the home stretch in sight!
- Veggie: size of head of cabbage
- Georgie's length is about 16 inches-- about as long as a laptop computer-- and measures almost 11 inches from crown to rump.Georgie has doubled in height over the past six weeks, and from now until delivery, he/she'll gain only a few more inches in length.
- Georgie weighs about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds... From now until delivery, Georgie will gain weight at a more individual rate
- She/he's floating in about 1 1/2 pints of amniotic fluid and has some room to move.
- Georgie's most important organ, his/her brain, continues to develop at a rapid pace.
- Georgie's eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she/he's born, she/he'll keep her/his eyes closed for a good part of the day.
- Georgie's eyes are able to track light, and some researchers have theorized that exposing my belly to light may stimulate development.
- My alert suggests "Try moving the beam of a flashlight slowly over your belly in a dim room, and see if he/she reacts."
- Sounds annoying... lol! I'll try it!
Samples from Pittsburgh Paint, "aloe vera, lettuce alone, and pistachio"
I ordered Glenna Jean Finley wall art to match the colors. Aloe Vera, Lettuce Alone, Pistachio.. all in the green spectrum
that's quacktastic. hahah.
Pistachio
Lettuce Alone
Aloe Vera
FURNITURE delivered. We kept it in the box since painters aren't coming until March 4th.
Georgie's closet... soon to be painted
Out with the grays.. and in with the baby, soft neutral colors. We are going to paint 3 walls one color and that darker wall/accent wall will be stripes.
Ernie lounging in Georgie's room.
We met with another 2 pediatricians as well. Next Wednesday 3/2/11, we will have our 4 of 4 interviews and decide on a pediatrician so we can pre-register for Edward Hospital.
This weekend we had our first prenatal class. A 2 day course, at Edward Hospital. It's called Prepared Childbirth. This fast-paced childbirth class will familiarize parents-to-be with what to expect in the birthing atmosphere. Topics include labor, breathing & relaxation techniques, epidurals & pain relief, postpartum issues and more. A tour of the OB unit is also included. The Marathon class meets tomorrow/Saturday (9 am- 4:30 pm) and Sunday (9 am- 12 noon). I was told to bring 2 pillows and a blanket for the relaxation, massage methods, and positions. It was fun and very educational. I highly recommend.. especially if you aren't a book worm and more of a hands-on-learner, like Dave and I are. Here are pix from this morning...
Dave standing in Edward Hospital. We will enter into the North Entrance if we go into labor in the daytime.. and we'll have to enter the South Entrance if we go into labor in the wee small hours of the morning
Visiting hours are 10am-8pm and mandatory nap time is 2-4pm Daily. You have to use a phone to gain access to the Labor& Delivery floor (#1) OR the postpardum floor (#4 or maybe floor #2)
Waiting room for friends, grandparents, and family! Dave will be the only support person in the L/D room!
Warming bed for Georgie in L/D for weight, measurements, apgar score, etc.
This is wear I'll be pushing! Labor/ Delivery (L/D)
My view from sitting on the bed (there's the mirror, if I choose to use it). Probably not though it was recommended for assisting with giving me motivation for pushing. It's a small tv if you ask me! LOL. No DVD player. Not that I'll be in the mood to watch a movie while I'm in such pain.
Me at 30 weeks!!!!!! Now we are on the 4th floor, postpardum floor. Some moms go to the 2nd floor, the newer maternity floor
4th floor
This is my soon-to-be recovery room.. honestly, no more than 4 people can fit in here comfortably. Dave will be sleeping on that lil arm chair for 48 hours. Poor thing. I told him to try it out because it may not be too comfy so he may want to bring some means for getting comfy! We live less than 10 mins from the hospital, so maybe he'll go home for a few hours. I don't know, the nurse/instructor recommended the men to stay at the hospital for the time we are there.
We can only take the baby out of the recovery room in a bassinet
My bathroom in my recovery room
The door to the bathroom, in the recovery room. I wanted to see/document what would be in my recovery room
After today's class, I do not envy me and in 10 weeks, my ice packs, tucks pads, maternity pads, hospital undies, and the aftermath of delivering. Apparently, I'll be really swolen and uncomfortable. I was told to change my pad and ice pack every 2 hours. I was told take 'stool softener' after I deliver. OK, THIS STUFF NO ONE TELLS YOU. LOL. Thank god we took this class. LOL.
This is wear I'll put my makeup on and do my hair after I deliver, right? hahaha!
After class on Saturday 2/26/11, we went over to Lockport for my goddaughter's 4th birthday party :) :) Here are some pix of us..
The BIRTHDAY girl! Emalee is 4 years old!
Me, at 30 weeks, and Emalee at 4 years! haha.. what a difference!
She is so bright!
Emalee opening up a present from her grandparents
Dad, Bryan, and daughter, Emalee reading our card and opening present!
Emalee reading cards first! what a good girl!







No comments:
Post a Comment