Georgie is 31 weeks! 59 days to go!
I've also started to get cramps in my feet. Yesterday, I was driving to Jewel and my right foot was falling asleep/cramping. It had never done that before and it's really frustrating trying to drive home from the grocery store with a cramping driving foot. Thankfully, Dave and I live 1/4 mile from Jewel. I walked the dogs soon thereafter, then my LEFT foot started to cramp up. Haha! I think Georgie is blocking some blood flow to my feet or something! :)
Georgie is measuring over 16 inches long. Georgie weighs about 3.3. pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt! Georgie can turn his/her head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his/her skin. Georgie is definitely moving a lot too! My Georgie is active and healthy. I even have the camcorder on the coffee table next to the chair I sit in downstairs. I eat dinner, and Georgie goes into play mode. I'm trying to catch activity on the camcorder but it's so sporadic.. ya never know!
Georgie is also going through major brain and nerve development these days. Georgie's irises now react to light and all five senses are working in order. (Georgie won't pick up anything from his/her nose until after birth, though--- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)
Our baby shower is this Saturday. I'll be 32 weeks aka 8 months. Wow, time flies! 20 people RSVPed yes/coming and with Dave, me, and my mom, that makes 23! My mom ordered the cake this week and some balloons for decorations. I called Lauren who is going to help out with games and gave her the head count. I'm excited.. as Lauren has some fun games planned. :) Elizabeth will be making her amazing cookies as favors too. Yaya!! Thanks, Elizabeth! http://www.customicedcookies.com/ is a plug for her! My coworker Donna is making us some centerpieces too and will be dropping them off before the shower starts. She is so thoughtful and I love it! I think the shower will turn out spectacular!
Stacie, Kelly, and Rebecca all couldn't make it into town for it.. but Georgie already got some great gifts in the mail! Rebecca sent us size 1 Pampers diapers, a boppy, and a boppy cover off of our Babies R Us Registery! Thanks, Rebecca! My mom says Kelly sent us some goodies that we'll open at the shower, on Saturday. Thanks Kelly! And, Dave's best friend Stacie/Josh Busby (from Orlando) sent us Mustela baby wipes... the kind their son Zack uses.. and on the note from Babies R Us it says she had to send it separately which means Georgie will get spoiled with more gifts! Thanks, ladies. Georgie appreciates it TREMENDOUSLY.
I went to Target on Sunday night and bought a yellow, chico crib sheet for the crib and a very cute blanket too. I couldn't resist. :) It matches the wall color perfectly so I told Dave it's the lil blanket for the recliner. He humpfed about it and told me to stop spending. :P oops. If I had to describe the color of our walls.. Pistachio.. it's that bright Tiffany & Company Teal/Green color! It compliments the dark furniture a lot! We got lots of nice feedback from friends, coworkers, and facebook friends on the nursery so I'm glad it looks calming and cute!
Next week, on March 15th I start seeing the doctor EVERY 2 WEEKS. I'm excited to ask some questions at my week 32 appointment.
I'm also excited for next weekend too because we have our BABYCARE plus class on Saturday the 19th and maternity photo session on Sunday the 20th! We'll learn a lot that weekend and have some great keep sakes from our pregnancy.. at week 33! Here's our photographer we hired: http://www.amypphotos.com/#/home/
I'm also looking ahead to my to-do check list for weeks 32-36.
- I've picked out our birth announcement too from www.vistaprint.com
- I've also scheduled my last hair cut for April 16th.. they suggest a low manintenance 'do before you deliver.
- I set up my weekly, April appointments already.
- I pre-registered at Edward Hospital and emailed out directions/driving/parking/ Edward concierge information to everyone I could possibly think of.. so now I don't have to worry that people don't have the information they need in case we go into early labor.
- Once we receive/buy a car seat, I'll make sure to have it installed and inspected in the upcoming weeks. A few weeks ago, I bought a protective seat cover for the car & neck strap covers so the car seat will be installed sometime in early April I'm sure by the fire department :) It'll be ready for Georgie!
- I also installed 2 new tires last Friday on the car.. and my dad will be taking in my Honda for an oil change & installing new windshield wipers while our baby shower is going on. :) Thanks, Dad! Gotta babyproof the car too!
- Plus, whatever we don't receive from this Saturday's shower I'll be sure to pick up in April before baby comes. :) The final weeks of nesting. Haha! I never knew how much babies cost.. holy cow!
You are all set, Kathy! I can't wait to see pictures from the shower. I hope you have a great time! :)
ReplyDelete