I'm 36 weeks! 25 days to go......
- Georgie is now the size of a honeydew!
- Georgie is kicking away as I type up this blog. It's cute cuz he/she moves the laptop which is on my lap/bump.
- Georgie's skin is getting smooth and soft, her/his gums are rigid, his/her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her/his circulation and immune system are basically good to go.
- Georgie's lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but everyday he/she gets a lil closer to breathing on his/her own.
- According to babycenter.com, Georgie is gaining about an ounce a day!
- Georgie weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.
- Georgie is shedding most of the downy hair that covered his/her body, as well as the vermix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his/her skin during the 9 month amniotic bath.
- Next week, Georgie will be considered full-term!!!
We've been dog sitting Chewy since last Thursday while Grandma & Grandpa Reid our on their 10 night cruise to the Eastern Carribean. Haha. Dog sitting round 2!! Here we go! He is so cute! I love him! He was my very first schnauz. Haha. He barks a lot at the backyard critters. Other than that, he's a joy. He'll be with us for week 36 to week 37 hahaha.
Today, I went to the doctor at 11:15 a.m.. I received good news. My blood pressure, heart rate, and everything looks great. We did the 36 week, strep B test and we'll get the results at next Thursday's appointment. :) I got my first internal exam since we are on weekly exams. According to Dr. Martin, GEORGIE IS HEAD DOWN and progressing very well. Dr. Martin said I'm 80% effaced, 1/2 cm. dialated, and all signs point to a potentially-early delivery! He said something funny... "if you were to put a gun to my head, I'd say you are going to deliver early (before my due date 5.10.11)". I'll take that with a grain of salt.. everyone is different and the majority of people I know go past their due date... especially with their first.
Here is what it means to be effaced... it's hard to explain so I'll just show you the diagrama! Effacement is the shortening, or thinning, of a tissue.
So, we'll see what's going on at next Thursday's appointment. :) I'm excited. So far, I feel ok. I'm definitely waddling and there's a lot of pressure after I sit up/get up after I've been laying down or sitting for a while. It's like warming up the engine before starting your car. Haha. That's how I feel.
This Thursday, Dave and I are going to our final class at Edward Hospital. It's breastfeeding. It's from 6:30-9:30 p.m. This prenatal class covers the benefits of breastfeeding for mom and baby, tips for getting breastfeeding off to a good start, correct positioning and latch, and basic information about pumping. Dads are encouraged to attend! So I'm happy Dave will be coming with me. :)
I'm resting, taking it easy, and just have a few things to get finished in the nursery. I need to put the wall quotes up on the wall, curtain rod, curtains, Glenna Jean matching valance, and the 3-pc-wall art we purchased to match the Glenna Jean bedding. :) That's it. So just the pretty stuff but other than that we are good.
This past Saturday, I washed Georgie's sheets, bibs, burb cloths, some onesies, swaddling blankets, 4 swaddlers, booties, mittens, caps, and changing pad covers. I also washed the sheets/changing pad for the playard. So that's good! I only washed 2 size newborn sleepers and the rest of the onesies are size 0-3 months.. I CANNOT BELIEVE how small these clothes are. They say it'll fit 8-12 pounds. I think they look like premie clothes. LOL.
We had a surprise baby shower on Wednesday... it was ironic.. Dave had one at work. And, I had one at work too! haha! We received 3 HANDMADE blankets! 2 crocheted and 1 quilted. I <3 them! I'll have to take pix of them and post them. We also received 2 babies r us gift cards, a pack'n'play, 2 pack'n'play sheets, 1 quilted pack'n'play sheet, and 2 pack'n'play changing pad covers. We got some outfits too at the shower. We also got some bath fun, lotion, teething ring, diapers, wipes, etc. WE ARE SO EXCITED! I have a ton of thank-you cards to get to before Georgie arrives... :/ gotta get on it!
On Saturday, I assembled the pack'n'play and got it set up downstairs. I put the diaper caddy/changing accessories in the pack'n'play. It'll be perfect for napping/playing/changing. Since we have the 2 dogs I think I want to ease Georgie into pets. Ernie can really be in your face with sniffing so I want to make sure that's a slow-n-steady process. Even with me being 36 weeks pregnant, Ernie still jumps on me and uses my baby bump as a spring board. LOL. Bert is so sweet and gentle with me so it's funny how opposite they are with a pregnant momma around. When tots are around, Bert is just skittish and scared and OVERPROTECTIVE of Ernie/me/Dave so he's the one we really need to watch when we have a newborn around. I doubt Bert would ever do anything to Georgie but it's better for me to be prepared and careful.. at first at least.
That's it for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment