I went to the doctor on Thursday and all checked out again! I'm another cm. dilated. I was extremely puffy this week and the swelling has not gone down unfortunately. I suppose I could change my diet to reduce salt intake but my wrists, feet, ankles, and hands are all swollen. I think it is what it is at this stage in pregnancy. Everyone at work make comments like "still here?", "you're still here?!", "you look uncomfortable", etc. etc. Ha ha! It's funny to me because they are stating the obvious with less than 2 weeks out, ya know? I feel that I've had an overall great pregnancy and I JUST STARTED to complain about discomfort. I think I've done overall good! Dave called me a warrior or was it warrior? this week. :) He thinks I'm doing a great job. I sure am waddling a lot this week as the end approaches.
So all in all on Thursday's appointment I was 38 weeks, 3 days. 90% effaced. 1 1/2 cm dilated (up 1/2 cm since last week). No real big update on when he/she will come.. but rather the comments are being made "progressing well"! I think I'm going to deliver by 5-7-11! I asked Dr. Frangella about 'what can I do to get things moving along..." She's like, "I hear ya!" "Well, we can scrape your membrane but we can't do that until you are 39 weeks." So I said "OK! My next appointment is Tuesday 5-3, and I'll be 39 weeks then". She said "yup, you can do it but you have to consult that day with Dr. Phillippi" about it. So we'll see!!! My sister in law's water broke the next morning after she had that procedure done. I've heard it's painful/discomforting.... may or may not work. We'll see if I go through with it at my next appointment but at least it's nice to know me and my group of doctors agree that the end is near! Georgie continues to be a good girl/boy and stay head down. Plus, I've experienced more cramping this week which is very typical for where I'm at. Nothing to worry about and I wouldn't even call them braxton hicks.. I would call them 'cramping as if I were having my period or about to'.
A side effect that is new this week.. which is caused from internal exams.. is bleeding/spotting. I'm sorry if it's TMI for ya! But I have to blog about it, right? This is a pregnancy blog after all. It started Thursday and has been light but noticeable. I think my cervix is fragile at this point and 90% effaced so the internal exam causes bleeding. At least, for me in my case of pregnancy!
On Thursday night, after work I popped over to see Renee/ Nick and their lil Addison. She's such a cutie... crawling! standing up along tables/couches! smiling! cooing! and has 2 teeth! Renee looks great and lost all her momma weight and attributes it to Weight Watchers! She's thinking of potentially buying a house soon in nearby North Plainfield and maybe even going on a vacation this year back to DisneyWorld with her fam. :) I'm happy for her and it sounds lovely. When I visited, her cat, Frank was all over me. He loved my pregnant belly apparently. Haha. When I came home, Bert and Ernie weren't too keen of the new scent on my lap. LOL. Bert especially noticed it when I sat down and he went to 'assume the position'.. which I call Bert-laying-on-my-bump..
here's what it looked like (this is not me at 38 weeks) Gosh this was taken awhile ago? Maybe Jan/Feb!
No comments:
Post a Comment