Sunday, August 14, 2011

Feeding the ducks

On Friday, I was making myself a pbj for lunch, at work, and I took the last 2 middle pieces. I therefore decided what to do with the ends of my 12 grain loaf of bread; FEED THE DUCKS. I called up Dave's parents to invite them.

We woke up late on Saturday at 8 am!

So on Saturday, 8/13 I took Owen downtown Naperville to feed the ducks. Dave's parents, Linda and Ted joined us. Dave was resting at home and getting his beauty rest. It was GORGEOUS outside. Like sunny and 70s!

Here's some pictures from our great morning out. It was something different and I think Owen enjoyed it!

Owen and I were playing with his bunny while we were waiting for Grandma & Grandpa Nash

Owen looking cute as ever.. holding a DSLR camera & Owen  & taking a picture = tough

Owen avoiding the sun with his Gymboree octopus hat

Me and Owen

Owen and the birdies

Owen's like.. what?! this bench is crazy! Owen is laying/standing/sitting so stiff-as-a-board these days.. so bending him is a chore. lol

Geese

the covered bridge, downtown Naperville, 8/13/11 morning


feeding the birds

 Grandma and Owen feeding the ducks

Linda and Owen

feeding the ducks. Owen loved it!

I totally left my ISO at 1600 for all these pictures! oops! These pix are really bright.. my bad.

Owen visiting the 9/11 memorial, downtown Naperville

the torch dedicated to the victims of 9/11


Owen visiting the 9/11 tribute

Grandpa Ted and Owen

9/11 tribute

the dandelion fountain.. Owen loved it! we sat in the shade for a good 30-45 minutes just talking. Owen loved seeing the people, hearing the fountain, and seeing them

"me and my grandma.. I love her" ~Owen

Grandma and Owen



watching the fountain!

Grandma singing to Owen


Owen making bubbles with the fountain

there was a cute fluffy golden there at the Dandelion Fountain

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! What a great idea and it looked like so much fun. Owen is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! :) It was fun! The fountain was very soothing for Owen

    ReplyDelete