Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chili Cookoff & Gender discussions

4th Annual Chili Cookoff was another success!! :) Everything turned out great and our loved family members and friends came over too. It was fun seeing everyone help themselves to the chili! Mum was the word about me being a mommy this day. We are looking forward to telling my family when see each other in November and seeing ALL of Dave's family at Lynn/Brian's house for Thanksgiving! It's quite easy for me to keep this secret to be quite honest. I don't really look or feel pregnant, in my opinion. I've read that most women, by this point, have food temptations, extreme exhaustion, in addition to nausea.. and FORTUNATELY, I've experienced none of those. I'm an extremely picky eater so it's easy for me to skip out on alcohol, sushi, feta cheese, deli meats, and certain types of fish. I don't eat any of that! Dave told me he told Joe and Rob while playing beer pong on Saturday. LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS! grrr... Dave is really excited about becoming a father and he does not understand why I want to wait until we hear the heart beat on 10/27/10 and are in our 2nd trimester. I then think... hmm why do 50% of women wait? Oh! that's right because a lot can happen that first trimester and if I miscarry I don't want to have a million conversations with my friends/family about our loss. It's too sad so I want to keep my conversations to a minimum in the case something happens. I'm really realistic. 1 out of 5 women miscarry. It happens! It's super common so I take this pregnancy, a day at a time.

So on Saturday, 10/9/10 at the chili cookoff... I got my emails.

I'M 10 WEEKS ALONG. YIPPEEEEEEEE!  206 days left according to my countdown.

Some highlights this week I found interesting are:
  1. He / she is the size of a kumquat or prune! What a funny word... kumquat.
  2. He / she is little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.
  3. If you were to look inside my womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.
  4. Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body.
  5. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord.
  6. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body.
  7. From crown to rump- he/she is about  1 1/4 inches long.
  8. IN THE COMING WEEKS, MY BABY WILL AGAIN DOUBLE IN SIZE--- TO NEARLY 3 INCHES.

Another thing interesting is this little tool on www.thebump.com.. according to the chinese gender chart IT'S A GIRL!!!! Honestly, I want a girl so bad! So this would be like the ultimate gift ever... Dave and I don't have sisters so I think having a daughter would be the coolest thing ever. I love doing hair, makeup, nails, and all those girly things so it'd be nice to develop that relationship with a daughter, of my own. :) Plus, Dave has this student, Lily, and Dave says "she is just the sweetest, most happiest, kindest kid ever" so he'd like a princess too. I think he wants a boy but I think he'd be happy with either to be quite honest.

I know, I know, the mommy thing to say is that I'd be happy with any child as long as it's healthy. So I will say that but deep down.. Hope for a girl. :P Dave is determined to call it "he" and "Georgie" at all times even when he finds out the sex of the baby soon. Here's the chart with my 27 yrs old/ month of conception filled in:


Speaking of finding out the sex of the baby. WE SET THE APPOINTMENT UP YESTERDAY with www.oakparkultrasound.com. Gosh it is hard to believe in less than a month we can know what we are having.  So, on  11/11/10 at 6:30 p.m. we have a reservation. My friend Julie recommended I pay the $39 and $15 for the DVD to get the sneak peek at 15 weeks and not at 20 weeks! She said it was totally worth it and she is pumped about her little boy. Dave is going to find out the sex of the baby and keep his lips shut.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the sex of the baby. I'm planning on bringing my i-pod and a blindfold so really I'm just the storage facility!! Haha... I'd love to be surprised. Hopefully, I can resist the temptation. Dave's parents also want to be surprised. One thing is for sure. NO ONE ELSE will find out the sex of the baby. So don't ask!! :) :) :) We'll register for all neutral stuff, paint the nursery neutral, and May 7th we'll know what our little peanut is!





No comments:

Post a Comment