I did spend some time yesterday perusing the Internet. Lo and Behold I found an adorable NEUTRAL bed set. If Dave and I were to make our nursery for a girl.. I really like the Penelope bedding from PBK. It's got cute little morning doves or small birds on it. Green/pink/yellow.
If Dave and I were to decorate for a boys nursery I really like the airplane look. I prefer soft colors as opposed to bright colors.
Here's the bedroom set I adore. It's at buybuybaby. What do you think? I doubt we'll buy white furniture. I think we'd prefer the dark espresso furniture. We'll see.
Here's what I love about this set.. It's neutral, soft tones, beautiful textures, and it's got that quilting effect I adore. :) It took awhile to find it.
I think we'll register for :
- 4 piece crib set (bumper, sheet, quilt, and dust ruffle)
- mobile
- mobile arm/cloth cover
- patch pillow to go with a glider potentially
- 3 piece block window set w/ ducky
- valance
- window panel drapery
I'm envisioning at this time: white block lettering over the crib. I want to get some book shelves for keepsakes like 'baby booties bronzed', piggy bank, a plate with me/length/weight/time of birth/birth date/ and foot prints, photo album, and a memory box for the loose stuff that we'll acquire like hospital bracelet, 'baby's first hair cut', 'first tooth', etc. I also think I want to get another trio of frames for my 8 month maternity pictures, mom/dad picture, and baby's first photo shoot in Edwards Hospital. I also like the idea of taking a football/softball/baseball/ and having the baby's foot print over it. I think Dave would like this since he was really active with little league but loves football now. I liked to swim as a kid and did swimming/waterpolo in high school but you can't really put a foot print over water. LoL. One thing is for certain, our kid will be a fishy for sure. Dave loved swiming as a kid too and was apparently awlays tan! So I think 2 fishies are going to product a guppy for sure.
http://www.etsy.com/ is a cute, crafty website to get inspiration
http://www.uppercaseliving.com/ is another website where they have cute nursery/play room ideas. we'll see...
I like this for over a crib/ dresser.
I like this for over a crib/ dresser.
I like this for over a book shelf


No comments:
Post a Comment