Thursday, October 21, 2010

t- 1 day until I'm 3 months!

Today I'm 11 weeks 6 days pregnant. Or nearly 3 months! I will have to post a picture of what I look like from the side. I notice nothing but ya never know. We are approaching the end of the statistically-dreadful 1st trimester. I'm excited for 10/23/10 because that officially is the end of the 1st trimester  according to my droid cell phone application! LOL.

I got my 11 week email on Saturday and it says what is going on:
"By now, you're surely familiar with the prenatal symphony of burps, flatulence, and rumbling tummy. Small, frequent meals should help with the discomfort. And make sure to eat and drink slowly to prevent swallowing extra air. You'll later use this technique when feeding baby! Prenatal yoga can also help settle down your belly and -- side benefit -- soothe those mood swings."

On Saturday and early this week.. it didn't really apply to me..

but the last 2 nights... I HAVE BEEN SO BURPY! I even had this horrible lump in my throat and a little bit higher than my sternum but near the clavicle.. I don't think it was acid reflux as nothing 'burned' and nothing came up. I still have yet to experience nauseau. I have not vomitted either. :) :) Go me! However, I did feel really uneasy yesterday, Wednesday with this lump and burping.

Plus, the Cold fairy delivered me my first cold since February! and first cold of the pregnancy! I think a coworker, Barb gave it to me as I haven't been around anyone sick lately! She however frequents the kitchen section in our sales department. Her ass also is a workaholic and doesn't understand the concept of staying home if you are sick. I'd stay home if my company gave me more than 3 sick days a year! But, I used my last one in September so I'm spreading the LOVE to my coworkers. According to my Dr. I can take mucinex and non-alcohol cough syrups... then according to the pharmacist I should do nothing the first trimester but liquids/rest. So here I am, on day 5 of my cold. No drugs and spreading the disease! It definately could be worse though. I've been sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose like crazy, and overall just feeling not 100% this week.

More updates on the baby size:
  • 1 1/2 inches long
  • size of a fig
  • the hands will soon open and close into fists
  • tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums
  • some of her bones are beginning to harden
  • she's busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet
  • You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Not my baby, but an example of what it looks like from http://www.babycenter.com/


now let's say it together... awwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment