- Your new resident is nearly an inch long -- about the size of a grape -- and weighs just a fraction of an ounce.
- Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood.
- Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form -- as do her tiny teeth.
My baby has teeth?! CRAZZYYYYYYY. Dave and I both have pretty decent teeth and a nice smile so I'm fine with which ever genes won the battle with this baby. LOL.
- The embryonic "tail" is completely gone.
When Dave saw the first pic of Georgie.. he saw the 'tail' and assumed 'penis'. So he's confident it's a boy and that "his boys can swim!
- Congratulations, your uterus has swollen to the size of a softball! Looking in the mirror, your shape has definitely changed: less waist and more chest.
Here is where I'll make my comments. It is hard to fathom my uterus is the size of a softball. I look down and don't feel I've grown that much. Note to self: start taking weekly pictures this Saturday morning! I do not think my shape has changed. LOL. If anything I looke curvier/fluffier. LOL. I definately do not see a bump!
In other related news... I went shopping for the first time, in a very long time, on Saturday. I hit up Macy's & Nordstrom Rack with gift card in hand. I found 3 shirts in Nordstrom Rack.. thank you Dave and Linda/Ted for the 28th birthday gift cards! They should work until well, I can't fit in them anymore. Nordstrom Rack sadly does not have a maternity section but so many 'in-style' clothes are tunic style/ long/ cut empire wasted so it'll grow! I also bought 1 pair of maternity jeans from Macy's and one top! I then hit up Carson's for their bonus/Lancome and had to buy some foundation. It's sad that 1 bottle cost $42.00! It's ok... I also got a bonus and used a Fox Valley Mall gift card. With baby on the way, I'm really trying to cut down our credit card purchases.
On Thursday, Julie Franklin and I met up at Uncle Julio's in Oak Brook! I hadn't seen her since November 2009 so a lot had changed and we had to catch up. She's PREGNANT! and due I think in early March. After she spoke a lil bit I spilled my beans, about my mini bean. She was totally shocked! happy! elated! and very supportive! :) :) I'm glad I decided on my new rule 'ONLY TELL PEOPLE FACE-TO-FACE'! It's too awesome to see their reaction and miss out on it over the phone. She's about 17 weeks or so, she looks considerably pregnant. She gave me some excellent tips like wearing sports bras, what books to buy, and not to freak out at everything I read. :) She's great! I left with 2 taco babies and 1 fetus! Boy was I full! LoL!
I also found out on facebook that Emily Riviere-Kerous is preggers with TWINS! She's due March 2011 like Julie! I'm really happy for her and her hubs! Caitlin and her siblings will be excellent aunties/uncle to the lil ones. :) So that's more baby news there! I'm planning on telling Caitlin, and our friend Jackie on 10-21-10 over dinner. Jackie is in town from St Louis so it'll be nice seeing them both and telling them both in person :) :)
This Saturday is our 4th ANNUAL CHILI COOKOFF! Should be a blast! Though, I'll see a lot of friends/family this night I don't want to spill the beans to them as no one in Dave's extended family or mine know I'm pregnant yet and we were saving that for Thanksgiving! We're still thinking of creative ways to tell them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment