Georgie is 27 weeks now, people! 27 weeks!
Georgie is:
- in the THIRD TRIMESTER now--- congrats!!!
- the size of a head of a cauliflower
- weighs about 1.5--2.2 pounds
- is about 13.6 to 14.8 inches long with his/her legs extended
- sleeping and waking at regular intervals
- opening and closing his/her eyes
- perhaps sucking his/her fingers
- hiccupping-- which may be very common from now on.
- Georgie's brain is very active now
Last week flew by! With the blizzard, the work-from-home-snow-day, getting an ultrasound on Wednesday, and being busy with work.. it just flew by. On Thursday night, was Becca's 28th birthday party so we went to Chevy's! We hung out for a couple of hours and more friends Megan, Martine, and Lauren came as well. We talked about the Bachelor and Michelle's psychotic ways, Jersey Shore and movin' to Italy for season 4, Lauren's April 16th wedding, Megan's take-her-braces-off-monumental-moment, my 27 week Georgie bump, Becca's birthday weekend, the superbowl on Sunday, and all sorts of big events going on. LOL! It was nice to see Becca and friends! It had been since early December since I've seen them all at FRIENDSGIVING. We laughed so much my gut hurt. Hahaha. After dinner, I drove over to my parents house to pick up Bert & Ernie. I missed them a lot. So I brought home the boys on Thursday evening and then we just relaxed.
On Friday, I got a phone call at work, from CribsToCollege! The furniture came in!! Woo hoo! SO MUCH to do before we go and pick it up. It's at the Plainfield location and I told them, I want to pick it up from the Naperville location.. so they are going to transfer it over there in a week or so. That's good. I still have to pack up the nursery. Tick tock, tick tock.
Friday night, Dave had to work at Outback so I met up with Joann to ON THE BORDER. Mexican round 2! lol! It was a last minute decision. Afterall, OTB is having their endless enchiladas promotion. Joann and I had a lot of laughs over dinner.. and her friend, Niki came out as well. It was good to laugh and get out of the house after such a weird and busy week. Plus, I love OTB! :) Joann and I have a new nickname and were up to our usual funny antics. I'm sure Georgie felt me laughing and busting a gut again! hahaha.
Saturday, I woke up and did a lot of chores. Busy busy, plus, I did lots of laundry. Dave & I had plans with some of my NIU girlfriends. So we all met at Uncle Julio's in Lombard. Mexcian round 3! It's Lauren/Bryan's favorite restaurant! Lauren left her 2 daughters at home and Leah left her son at home. It had a been a very long time since I've seen Leah. SINCE her baby shower in Sept/Oct.. or whenever it was. Now she has a beautiful, 3 month baby boy! :) Leah and her husband brought pictures so I got to see Landon throughout the first 3 month stages. He's such a cutie pie. :) Leah's husband, and Dave, talked THE ENTIRE time about Golf it seems. I'm sure the boys were talking about more but who knows.. hahaha. The girls and I were talking a lot so I was distracted. Dave is looking forward to WINTER DYING off and THE SPRING TO GET HERE. They even made plans for father's day to hit the links. Leah and I will have a play date with our babies. Haha. :)
I'm really happy overall that a. ) I don't have heart burn, b.) I can dine out for Mexican food whenever I want to, c.) I'm sleeping decently at night. Hahah. I keep hearing that once you have a baby you really need to watch the intake of spicy/non-mild food because it can affect your milk's taste resulting, in your baby's comfort/bowel movement. Who knows... I haven't yet gotten to that part in the books. I have a lot to learn about motherhood, so I'll take whatever tips/ advice and firsthand experience, I can get.
You look great and I love the haircut! I am finally getting mine cut on Thursday! I am very excited to see the baby furniture when you get it! That seemed quick, which is great! :)
ReplyDeletethanks a lot!!! OO fun fun! I get my hair done usually 3-4x a year.. it's too pricey otherwise!
ReplyDeleteYea, I knew the furniture would be here Jan/Feb because that's what they told me. :) I have a lot to do on Friday night and Sunday in preperation for the furniture.