I woke up at 6:08 a.m. I walked downstairs to see Dave and Owen. Dave was bottle feeding Owen his breakfast. Dave called Owen a demon child.. as Owen woke up at midnight, 3 a.m. and then 6 a.m… hungry as a hippo. Dave said Owen ate 2 oz at midnight, 6 oz at 3 a.m. and 3 oz at 6 a.m. I told Dave he is snacking and should be having full bottles. I don’t understand why he gets up to eat just 2 oz? That’s nothing! Owen was putting down 2-3 oz bottles at 4 weeks! He’s 13 weeks now! Actually.. today is Owen’s 3 month birthday! I think I’ll call the pediatrician to see what we could do to satisfy Owen’s hunger. He is eating at least 30 oz a day of breast milk. Maybe it’s my diet? He definitely has A TON of bowel movements. They are all liquidy too. I wonder if at 13 weeks, they should be more firm?
Another milestone that happened yesterday, on Owen’s 13 week birthday.. was.. his poopy diaper officially had an odor. You may not know.. but breastfed babies’ BM (poop) diapers don’t usually smell as they are infants. Well, Owen is 3 months old so I guess he’s old enough now that his diapers should smell right. Hundreds of diapers have come and gone and haven’t been stinky. Now they are stinky.
While I was pumping this morning at 6:10 a.m... btw I pumped 14 oz…. J Go me… I watched Dave sing Owen many 80s songs. He had youtube going and to my surprise, Dave knew a lot of the lyrics. He started out with “Take Me Home Tonight” which got him on an Eddie Money kick..
Note the hair! Note the saxophone! Gotta love the ‘80s!
It was such a cute sight; seeing Owen coo, kick, and flail a lot. I told Dave to videotape it but he was too tired to. I had my hands full as I was pumping. Oh Well! I’ll have to get it on video when Owen is so chatty.
Dave singing to Owen was so cute. He was doing air guitar with Owen and then drumming with Owen. After I pumped, I took the dogs out for their morning walk.. and when I came back Dave and Owen were still jamming to Eddie Money. Haha! What a sight! They were dancing too and bouncing around. It was cute.
I then held Owen for like 5 minutes but then I had to get ready for work and shower! Not enough time in the day. While I was in the shower, I heard Dave and Owen come in the bedroom. By the time I got out of the shower, Owen was already passed out, on our bed. Blast! No mommy time this morning.
I went downstairs, washed and sterilized my breast pump accessories. I put away some bottles and accessories that had dried over night. I packed my breast pump for the day, my lunch for the day, my purse, made myself a bowl of cereal.. and hit the road at 7:30! Got to work and did my makeup in the car.. walked in the door at 8:00!
This is my life Monday-Friday.. rinse and repeat!
Today, my coworkers Susan/Erin/Donna & I are having lunch at Chipotle at 1:00 and tonight Dad has to work at Outback so it’s mommy & Owen time!
You are doing such a great job being a mommy and working! :) It sounds like you have a great routine! I loved the 3 month pictures that you put on facebook. I love the golf idea. He is looking so much bigger.
ReplyDelete