- Georgie is a banana! Next time you look at one you'll think of Georgie, right? haha!
- 6.5 inches long
- 10.6 oz or as my doctor says just under a pound!
- My doctor said the uterus has reached the top of my belly button! it's true! I can feel it the hard uterus underneath my skin!
- Increased blood flow is going on allegedly.. but I'm proud to announce, no new stretch marks!
- Georgie is gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. I love learning this stuff. Meaning, these days, Georgie's taste buds actually work!
- Georgie is producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his/her bowels, and I'll see it in his/her first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
- I think I need to eat more iron as my babycenter.com announcement said as that mineral is used primarily to make hemoglobin (the part of your red blood cells that carries oxygen) My body needs more iron to keep up with the expanding blood volume, as well as for your growing baby and the placenta.
- Spinach, raisins, red meat, and poultry (especially the dark meat).
On Saturday, I ordered the furniture. Crib, crib railing, and extension for full size bed, and 5 chest drawer ordered! The crib will be here in January and the chest and maybe other crib accessories will show up in February or March.
On Saturday, after I went to Cribs to College I then went to the Chevy dealership. I've been eyeing getting a new SUV. Nothing is set in stone and I highly doubt we'll be buying one before Georgie arrives in May 2011. We have to see how the Honda Accord, we own, will handle Bert, Ernie, Georgie, mom, dad, a stroller, diaper bag.. and say some other stuff if we are out and about running errands or going up north to Grandma's in Rolling Meadows. We don't have a lot of car space so if we need to constantly bring a 'pack&play' for example, may be challenging the cubic feet of my accord. We'll see.
Here's the Traverse we like. My friends Amanda and Caitlin drive one! Some coworkers wives, Micki and Kathy, also drive a traverse and only have the best to say. I've only owned an Accord or Camry so this will be my first DOMESTIC! SUV. Yikes! I'm really going to research before I leave the thought of Honda Pilot for Traverse. 2011, new models, baseline trim of LT start at $26,995+! Here's the catch, I want a rear entertainment package/videos and a navigation system.. so we need to up the trim to LTZ trim.. so we probably will haggle with certified/pre-owned. I want a payment of $250 and I'm not planning on dropping a lot of mula down on a down payment as my Honda Accord is only 5 years old with 72k miles and it holds its value well.
3 rows. I like the 2 bucket seats instead of a bench in the middle.

Interior.

Movies for the kid(s) for road trips!
In other news, we installed 2 ceiling fans today! One in the nursery, and one in our downstairs living room/dining room! :) So that's our big 'home improvement' for 2010! Here are some pix of the nursery...
new fan in the living room!
no flash perspective of our living room :)
closeup of the fan!
nursery as it is today (aka wrapping central) with NEW FAN! and dimmer switch on wall!
lots to do still... painting and putting everything into storage before the baby stuff comes!
t-3 days until Christmas!






I bet you are so excited that you have your furniture ordered! I can't wait to see it all in your nursery! That car looks great and I think that the movie screens will be perfect for "Georgie" as they grow up! :)
ReplyDelete