I'm going to sleep 8 hours when I'm a mom or so help me, God.
So I have my biggest regret ever at this point in my pregnancy. It's when I told my husband that "I need my sleep, I need a good 8 hours or I can't function". Dave has been bringing up this quote a lot throughout my pregnancy. He feels its unrealistic and he says he brings up this quote with friends/coworkers/family and they all agree with Dave that "just wait, just wait! she'll never get 8 hours again!"
The sad thing is, I mean it. I really do love my good night's sleep and I need 8 hours. I'm a bitch on wheels if I don't get my sleep. Pardon my french. I typically go to bed around 9:30-11:30 and wake up at 7:00 a.m. and head on over to work in Naperville for my 8 am start. So I don't see why 8 am is not do-able? I don't see why I can't get 8 hours of sleep when I have my husband to help share in the duties of nightly feedings, right?
And here is where I remembered a classic Jim Breuer stand up routine, do yourself a favor, and watch this clip. It's worth the 3 minutes 41 seconds. Thank God Jim Breuer can hopefully, hopefully put into words what will happen to me if I get sleep deprived and Dave decides NOT TO HELP ME OUT WITH NIGHTLY FEEDINGS! I'll become the devil. LOL.
Here's to me and my 8 hours of sleep! Cheers!
The sad thing is, I mean it. I really do love my good night's sleep and I need 8 hours. I'm a bitch on wheels if I don't get my sleep. Pardon my french. I typically go to bed around 9:30-11:30 and wake up at 7:00 a.m. and head on over to work in Naperville for my 8 am start. So I don't see why 8 am is not do-able? I don't see why I can't get 8 hours of sleep when I have my husband to help share in the duties of nightly feedings, right?
And here is where I remembered a classic Jim Breuer stand up routine, do yourself a favor, and watch this clip. It's worth the 3 minutes 41 seconds. Thank God Jim Breuer can hopefully, hopefully put into words what will happen to me if I get sleep deprived and Dave decides NOT TO HELP ME OUT WITH NIGHTLY FEEDINGS! I'll become the devil. LOL.
Here's to me and my 8 hours of sleep! Cheers!
If you get them on a good sleep schedule from the beginning, then you can get your 8 hours of sleep when they are not too old. We had them sleeping through the night by the time they were 8.5 weeks old! :)
ReplyDelete