On Monday morning, I felt the baby kick again! This time, sitting at work :) 2 for 2. I'm excited. Finally movement. I'm beginning to feel more like a mom now.
On Monday afternoon, we had our 2nd and last ultrasound appointment. We may opt to get a 3D or 4D picture at or around week 26-30. We'll see.. TBD. If you experience a healthy/non-risk pregnancy you only get 2 ultrasounds with your OB/GYN office. One to confirm pregnancy around 8-10 weeks.. and another one at or around 20 week marker. :) So my appointment was at the Wheaton Danada location at 1:00 p.m. I drank a lot so my bladder was full and I was a little uncomfortable. We got to the office, and I got goo'ed up. We weren't allowed to take any video or pictures :( Nuts! We saw the heart beat on the screen, we saw the baby, and saw all of its arms/legs! The ultrasound technician is quoting the baby at 14 oz which is average & on track. The baby will be here probably on/around May 7th-10th. Mother's Day is 5/8/11 so we'll see! The baby wouldn't give us a good profile, ultrasound picture like so many mothers out there have/post. I call it my 'alien baby' as the baby was looking head on at us. LOL. I tried repositioning my body, at the Dr office per the ultrasound technician. To no avail, the baby moved in the wrong direction. Stubborn Nash! OH well! Here are some pix of baby at week 21. Keep in mind, Georgie is facing you when looking at the picture.
I added labels as if you are anything like me, it is impossible for me to visualize what is what in an ultrasound picture!
We are in the process of doing some little upgrades to the kitchen to a.) increase resale of our townhouse, b.) enjoy our investment while we live here and c.) make bathing Georgie, Bert, & Ernie easier on me and my back! We've received 1 quote so far on Tuesday evening.. and have 2 more on the books.
Next month, I'm planning on just organizing the house some more, taking down Christmas decorations, buying more storage boxes and labels, and getting things decided for the kitchen re-model. (i.e. purchase the granite, purchase the new sink, purchase the new faucet and hire the contractors necessary for installation).
February will be HOUSE preperation month... and put things into storage piles, donation piles, and garage-sale piles. We'll make sure everything is up to code in the house and all renovations are complete. :)
March will be painting-the-nursery month, baby class month, and maternity photographer session month! We'll probably have a garage sale when Dave is on spring break to get rid of everything we won't put into storage.. and everything else gets donated to Good Will!
April will be staging month and getting everything ready! Hopefully, this timeline works out :) This will be the fun month!
May the baby will be here so all hell will break loose. LOL! j/k the fun will begin!
cuuute! soooo exciting!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you that you were able to feel the baby kick! It is crazy when they start to move around even more! I felt the kicks the most at night when I was trying to fall asleep! :) I love the ultrasound picture too.
ReplyDelete