Baby it's cold outside!!! Happy 26th birthday to Brandon Nash today! Dave and I were walking Bert & Ernie earlier today and we couldn't believe how cold it was.... even with wearing a hat, scarf, boots, gloves, and long coat it's really really cold. :P
Speaking of cold outside... earlier this week I went to the Fox Valley mall and toys'r'us to finish up Christmas shopping. I noticed how miserable and uncomfortable and hard it was being 4 1/2 months pregnant and holding a heavy purse and bags. I then thought "quit complaining... this time next year I'll have a 7 month old and trying to do this crap". So I decided right then and there that I will NOT BE BRINGING Georgie out and about Christmas shopping in the cold. It's no place for a child anyway and I don't see why I can't go shopping and leave Georgie behind.
So I decided to actually buy something for Georgie. I went to Macy's and looked into the baby department. My friend, Kristen, recommended if I buy a winter coat to buy either 6-9 months or 9-12 months for the 'whole winter season 2012'.
So here's some pictures of Georgie's gifts that are wrapped under the tree. Everything was on clearance or 50% off.
sleeper, tee shirt, pants, and bib
close up of neutral-colored clothes
Thanksgiving bibs... 50% off now :)
I even found a halloween bib.. 50% off :) :)
I won't post pictures up of the 2 other outfits I bought... a coat & hat in addition to a Thanksgiving outfit for next year. I'm afraid it'll tell you that Georgie's a girl or a boy. :P
Georgie is 18 weeks old:
- Georgie is the size of a sweet potato
- Georgie is becoming mobile and passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing.
- Baby is finally big enough that soon I'll be able to feel his/her movements.
- As my growing uterus starts shifting my center of gravity, hormones are causing my ligaments to relax and joints to loosen. the result? back pain and soreness.
- TOTALLY!! On Monday of this week I went to the chiropractor, she and I discussed my treatment plan and she re-aligned my back in addition to putting me on this rolling pin/table for physical therapy.
- On Thursday, I went back and got re-aligned again and the same table. I'm on a 6 week (2/wk) plan. My BCBS PPO plan has it covered! I've already met my deductible for the year so I only have to pay 20% of the left over bills. I even get massages ! I made 8 more appointments to conclude 2010 and I'll make some 2011 appointments soon. :) :)
- Hopefully my chiropractor, Jessica Barbian, will fix my soreness and aching back over these next few weeks.
In other news.. Friday night, Georgie and I relaxed as soon we came back from my Eby Brown holiday work party. Sadly, I didn't win any door prizes or raffle. Nuts! I'd love to have won Georgie a TV for his/her room. OH well. :) LOL. Everyone at work now knows I'm knocked up. They were all shocked to not have known. Some people had their suspicions as I've put on weight. Another person said it was obvious I was pregnant as my face was very puffy compared to some pictures at work. :) I can't help it. I'm happy to say I'm not pregnorexic. I eat, and I eat!
In other news, Saturday it snowed for Georgie! We woke up at 6:30 a.m. and shoveled! :) :) It was easy and a lot of fun. I love shoveling. Dave & I got our blood drawn/physical done at 7:00 a.m. for our term life insurance policy too. We then went out to Omega's for breakfast and went to Target to finish up Christmas shopping. I then finished wrapping Christmas presents on Saturday while Dave did homework. I made cheesey potatoes too! Georgie & I went to Friendsgiving at Megan/Chris' townhouse in Gilberts at 4:00-7:30. Dave was going to go with but he's really burnt out with school, grad school, and outback... he had so much homework to catch up on. OH well. I went and had fun. It was fun to see Becca in person amongst other friends, Lauren, Adam, and Martine :) :) We had some good laughs. :) :) :) I'll post some pix when I see Megan post them. I didn't bring my camera with.
Bert's first snow of 2010-2011 winter
Ernie playing ball while it snows
Ernie in foreground... snow in background
Ernie sleeping on top of Georgie who is 18 weeks today
Saying cheese with Bert & Ernie
My boys always find a spot on/near me!
Ernie getting sleepy on Saturday
Bears Sunday and watching the Bears play Lions
Bears W


The chiropractor is amazing and I do not know what I would do without that! I am so happy that it helps for you! :)
ReplyDelete