Afterwords, I went to buybuybaby nearby in Downers Grove and registered... or began. I was there until 9:15 p.m. zapping away. lol. They suggested I register for a lot as I get a completion discount of 10% off of all remaining items on my registry up to 3 months after my due date. I have a lot to clean up still off our registry but I started at least . It's been decided that it's hard to register for neutral stuff. . If I get anything pink or purple.. it's obvious.. but if I get things blue and green it's obvious. There's only so much yellow out there when it comes to passifiers and bibs.. sadly... I tried to stick to the royal colors like red/blue/green and registering for those items. I saw some really cute sippy cups from Toy Story 3 so I zapped those as well. I saw the stroller/convertible system I think we'll get. I'm kind of torn between the Graco Hathaway or the Maddox. Both are pretty neutral and are light-in-weight and hold up to 30 pounds. :) We registered for a Britax Convertible car seat as well.. $279. yikes! I'm going to register at BuyBuyBaby as I like their customer service and store layout but I'm also going to register at BabiesRUs still as that store is like 5 minutes down 59 so I have a feeling we'll be going there a lot for our completion discount. I just wish there were more than 4 locations of BuyBuyBaby in Illinois.. I love how you can use the 20% or $5 off coupons everyone gets in the mail for BedBath&Beyond since they are partners with BuyBuyBaby. The only catch is that you cannot use expired coupons at all at BRUs or BBBaby... they both honor each others / competitor coupons as long as they are not expired. I called to check!
On Saturday, we had 2 more contractors/fabricators come out to offer me granite/new sink quotes! And, Dave's Uncle Kirk came over to fix the ceiling dry wall from where the ceiling fan was installed. So Saturday I just did lots of laundry and hung out at the house. My car wassssssssss so dirty so I got my car detailed and then picked up some stuff from Costco as well. Low Key day and night since Dave had to work at Outback on Saturday night!
Today, I woke up and did some more chores... and then, went to Kristen/Mike's to pop on over to visit them and they graciously gave us some goodies for Georgie. :) A bottle warmer. A lamb papisan chair for soothing. Bottles. And, a baby carrier. Totallllllllllly was not expecting the goodies. Holy cow. We are super excited and grateful!!! Can't wait to read up on how to use the stuff and get the nursery ready this spring :)
We wrapped up the weekend by popping on over to see my dad. Mom is in Poland so he's probably kind of lonely. Dave did some grad school homework and we watched playoff football at the same time. All in all.. a good weekend :)
Georgie is 23 weeks now. Here are a couple of updates from this week's alerts:
- Georgie is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango)
- Blood vessels in Georgie's lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that its ears pick up are preparing him/her for entry into the outside world.
It was great to see you! You look awesome! :) I will post your picture with the babies on the blog tonight....it turned out cute!
ReplyDeleteSo excited you got to meet the triplets and the picture was very cute! We need to get together soon!
ReplyDelete:) :) Thanks! :) It was great.
ReplyDeleteI'd love another rendezvous. Name a date, and I'll be there :)
I think once March hits, I'll start to be really busy as that is when our 3 different baby-classes start up. Our furniture too, shall be here by then so I'll really be IN NESTING MODE. LOL.