Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Georgie's first Christmas Eve

So today Georgie and I woke up and started to pack up for Christmas Eve. First off... it was snowing! Second off, I felt very rested and did not want to wake up this morning! Yesterday evening, I went to my chiropractor appointment at 5:15 p.m. I got adjusted, had the traction table therapy.. AND GOT A MASSAGE! 30 minutes! My back was really really sore all day yesterday so it was EXACTLY WHAT THE DR. ORDERED! The massage was very very painful but after she worked my right side enough it loosened up. Same thing happened on my left side, of my back! It was tight and hurt to massage but then loosened up. I feel so much better! Thank GOD for Dr. Barbian and loosening me up JUST IN TIME for the Christmas weekend!


I made sure to grab my camera and camcorder, a last minute gift for the Reids, some spreads for tonight, and a pair of pants to change into after I got through with work. We headed to work! Everyone at work was very chit-chatty and excited about Christmas Eve day. We talked about the weekend, holiday plans. :) Here are some pix of the snow coming down from work... looks like it'll be a white Christmas... for Georgie and the rest of his baby/toddler friends out there! :) :) My boss got me a card and a $50 AMEX gift card. :) woo hoo!

Snowing on Christmas Eve 2010, at work.. looks like it'll be a white Christmas after all

Georgie and I went to Inverness, to visit Elizabeth & pick up Christmas Cookies, for The Nash celebration tomorrow at Great Uncle Jim's house. Here's what they look like. Elizabeth does a fantastic job with cookies! I recommend her for any and all occasions :) Here are her cookies:





Dave had to work at Outback on Christmas Eve since he is taking NYE and New Year's off since we are going to Orlando to visit Josh/Stacie and lil Zack for a babymoon/celebration so he had to work. So I left immediately from work and picked up the cookies, ran to the store real quick, and made it over to my parents' house to help organize and get ready for the evening which starts at 5:00 p.m. My brother came around 3:15 p.m... alone :( my nephew, Mason was sick with a temperature so Stacy stayed home to take care of him. So the Reid Christmas Eve was 2 1/2 people down.  :( Oh well. So we had the usual Polish Catholic christmas... 


bread basket, gefelta-fish (sp?), shrimp, potato salad, herring as our cold course... then for our hot course it was bortsch(sp?), with hot salmon, mushroom pastachicki(sp?), and my mom made me meat pastachiki(sp?), and she made mushroom/saurkraut pieroggi, and my mom made me meat pieroggi! yum! I was really hungry. LOL. My mom made cheese cake for dessert and she also picked up some poppy seed cake and other patries from the bakery. It was very yummy. I made sure to take lots of video. After dinner, we opened some presents. Jerry/Stacy got 5 yr old Ryan some legos! He loved them and was busy building away and being creative. Then, he opened up the present we got him... a bath-time hot wheels tower/race set. He had the cutest reaction ever! I'm going to try and upload some videos of Ryan opening up presents! He's a cutie pie.

Ryan opening up a gift from Jerry/Stacy


"Legos!!!" ~Ryan


He loved it!

Ryan helped open up one of Mason's gift, in Mason's absence.

Ryan opening up a gift from me & Dave!

Ryan was so excited to get the Hot Wheels tub toy/ race track!

My brother opened up the quilt for Mason (in his absence). I hope they liked it. It turned out great! :) :) No one in the Reid family quilts, and I think it's a really special heirloom to have. i don't know about Mason's maternal side and if they have quilters... so I had to make him a quilt. I paid someone to do the quilting part and the binding part as I'm still getting used to quilting. I also paid someone ot do the embroider of Mason's name and his birth stats. I don't know how to do those. So the crib quilt looked really quite professional! lol! My grandma, Frances used to crochet so I think it'd be nice to have some sort of family heirloom in the family. :) I'll make my kids quilts as well. :) :)

Here are some pix of Mason's quilt and other pix from our Christmas Eve!

Back of Mason's water quilt

Waves quilting

Front of quilt

Front of quilt closeup

Quilt!

Quilt I made for Mason (I paid someone to do the quilting and embroidery)

Chewy opening up his gifts!

My Dad & Mom opening up their gifts







No comments:

Post a Comment