Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Babymoon

Dave & I went to Orlando, Florida this past long weekend for New Year's Eve! Dave left to go to Orlando on Wednesday and I joined him late on Thursday evening. I wish we could have stayed longer but I only had 1 personal day left to use since we went on 2 vacations this summer. Oh well. Dave enjoyed going golfing on Thursday with Josh and they went out on the town on Wednesday and Thursday evening.


On Friday, we spent the whole day in Epcot. We went to the liquor store to pick up some hard alcohol to sneak in :) Then we headed over to the park. Josh said the parking lot was really really crowded and that he hadn't seen it this crowded. I picked up our tickets at will-call and then we 'drank around the world'... only thing is I couldn't really drink. But the boys did. Josh's wife Stacie and lil Zack were going to meet up with us a little bit later once they were done getting ready.  In addition to not drinking it really was not okay for me to go on some rides. I wish I could have gone on Race Track since I missed it when we were there in June. You would not believe the crowds. I took pix of it...


Me in front of the big ball... front of Epcot

Week 22! technically 21 weeks 6 days... but who's counting ;) <3 the tree!

Holy crowds... in front of the English Pub, in England


So Dave and I got there in the morning, and started off walking towards England. We popped into the pub for a drink and to get out of the heat. It was like 78 degrees.. haha!! We are not used to the sunshine and heat since it's been like 13-18 degrees this winter. Burr!! We caught up and heard some stories from Josh and his travelin' days with Stacie. :) Of course we talked about Zack and how different he is at 8 1/2 months, from our visit in June when he was probably 10 weeks. :) He's a cutie pie. We then went on over to Moracco and Italy :) to get more drinks.


Josh & Dave as we walk around Epcot

Me in front of Moracco, in Epcot

I was really excited to be in Italy. lol.


I wanted to document my clammy hands care-of FLORIDA humidity

Dave & I on the bridge, in Italy. :) This is as close as we'll get to Italy until we go there. :)

I needed a 'sit down' break so Josh & Dave were chilling and talking on the bridge, in Italy

Stacie, her sister Laurie, and lil Zack came in for the fun.. we went to Mexico for some food and we also went France for food. I ate like a mad woman at Epcot. I ate a pretzel in Germany, an ice cream cone near France, chips/salsa in Mexico, a ham/cheese on French baguette in France, and funnel cake in America. YUM!!! SO much food! LOL.  I have to say the funnel cake was the best :) I recommend. Here are some pix of Zack once he came...

little Zack, 8 1/2 months

Me & Zack getting in line at Mexico, for dinner

Stacie's sister, Christie and her roomie, Tom met up with us at France so we had dinner and chit chatted while the guys got us food and waited in line. It was so crowded so most of the food/drinks lines were rather long. Oh well. :) It was fun to people watch in their NYE get ups. After France we walked over to Italy to find a spot for fireworks. We didn't know if we wanted to go to China for the fireworks or watch them at Italy. We decided to watch them at Italy. Stacie's parents Lyle & Carol were there and her younger sister Tammi and brother Timmy also came. So there was a nice crowd. I really need to learn how to put videos up on this blogger because I took so much more video than I did pictures of Epcot. I videotaped the entire fireworks! Here are some pix though from the NYE night...

Now we found our way to Italy for fireworks! Here in Italy they have a lot of house music, lasers, and young people having fun!

Dave was jamming to the music... lol. A few drinks in ;)

Partying for NYE 2011

Holy crowds!

Crazy glowing sticks, necklaces, swords, & everything came out for sale in Epcot

Josh accompanied me for my sit-down break, hahaha.  My feet were so sore after walking around for 10 hours!

Christie, Josh, Tom, and Dave

The rest of the weekend we really just relaxed with the Busbys. We watched football and bowl games the entire day of Saturday. Josh and Dave hit up the grocery store and Josh prepared ribs for us. The Busbys were very giving and gracious hosts. We enjoyed our stay. We slept in until about 11:00 a.m. as between Epcot and me DDing' the boys to the Waffle House for drunk food. LOL. I was so tired, I even took a nap next to Dave on the couch while we were watching football.  Here are some pix from our Saturday together relaxin'. Overall the babymoon was a lot of fun and restful!!!! Epcot was everything I thought it'd be and I enjoyed the fireworks and company very much. I did not feel baby very much while I was there but I'm not sick, tired, and had 0 side effects of traveling at 22 weeks pregnant. :) So I'll be the first to put a stamp of approval on traveling in your 2nd trimester. 

Recuperating from NYE 2011, lol.  Having dinner! mac'n'cheese!

Zack cuddling with Dave for his afternoon nap.

Zack getting burped by mom. Zack has 3 teeth

Jewels being cute

Mommy loves Zack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment