On Friday, I spent the evening with Elizabeth. It was great to see her and show her my baby bump. She and I receive the "world's fastest manicures/pedicures".. We showed up at 6:30 for mani/pedi to the salon on Dundee/Quentin corner and the 4 lovely asian women were speedy to give us our mani/pedis.. and no joke WE WERE OUT THE DOOR BY 7:15 p.m. Not sure if everything was really dry.. but they closed at 7:00 so it was nice of them to squeeze us in. LoL. We gabbed about Elizabeth's amazing, new endeavor... a cookie business! Her business is called CustomICED cookies and she's doing it out of Inverness.. she's getting her website up and ready but I love her work. She gave me 4 new recipes to test try: chocolate chip, red velvet, lemon/poppy seed, and red velvet with chocolate icing. Or maybe it was 3 new recipes? Nonetheless, they were tasty. I actually really enjoyed the lemon/poppy seed a lot. I hope to use her cookies for our future, baby shower. So... we then went to Chili's after our speedy mani/pedi's to gab some more. We had the most unusual waiter ever! lol! seriously he made us laugh a lot this night. Haha. We reminisced about some friends, high school memories, and I probably talked too much about Georgie. LOL.
On Saturday, I went with my mom to Jameson's Charhouse on Dundee, in Arlington Heights. I researched a few places and this place had the lowest tax/gratuity and best overall package of soup/salad/3 entree choices for our guests. Plus they are a formal restaurants with white tablecloth and napkins and they are including a free punch bowl for us :) I think this will make my mom happy. My mom is throwing us a shower! My mom is from Poland, where baby showers are not really common. She'd rather give us hundreds of dollars to spend on items from our registry rather than throw us a party. So it was very very nice of my mom to do this for us! I'm very excited :) :) My coworker Donna said she'd put together some cute centerpieces too :) Yay! I'm so thankful for my mom and Donna for helping out with the shower! :)
Speaking of showers... I went to Julie's shower at noon on Saturday. Her due date is March 1st. I think she may name her lil peanut, Christian James Franklin. I'm not sure if it's set in stone but it was nice to see Julie, her bump, and meet some of her friends, coworkers, and family members. Her mother, Sue threw such a lovely lovely shower. Julie got tons of cute items for the nursery, the baby, and stuff for the diaper bag/changing! :) Good stuff! Here are some pix from Julie's baby shower.
Julie's cake
a basket of goodie from her mom to Julie
Julie & Jimmy's goodies for their son
Jeanne & Kaylyn

what 33 1/2 weeks vs 24 weeks looks like. Haha
I think the picture of the day! I love their reactions :)
Overalls!!
The Reids
Mason sucking his thumb
Me & Dave @ Champs
Mom & Dad
Another pic of Mason, 5 months
So that's what's new with me & Georgie! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment