Sunday, September 25, 2011

September... 1/3 of it spent sick!

So Owen and I have spent the last 10 days sick as dogs! We've cancelled plans of cradle talk, gymboree, a playdate with Thomas, seeing Grandma Reid on Tuesday, and I actually didn't go to work on Wednesday (used my last personal day) and was sent home to work on Thursday since I looked so bad! Here are some pix of Owen. Dave told me I shouldn't take pix of Owen when he's sick but I wanted to.. he's still changing everyday.

My sick lil Owen 20 weeks old

Owen loves putting his nearly-whole hand in his mouth


I think Owen has Dave's nose and lips


I'm thinking Owen has my eyes
snotty sick Owen

We've spent a lot of time with the humidifier on, the vaporizer plug in the wall, vicks vapo-rub on our feet covered with socks and underneath Owen's armpits, and taking antibiodics. Owen is off cereal and has been on exclusively,  breast milk while sick. I figure he'll get extra antibodies from my breast milk. So we are kind of going backwords with progress on cereal. OH well!  Here are some pix of Owen in  his bumbo.. getting bigger.

Cute pie Owen who spent Wednesday with sick mommy

closeup of my cutie

Mom I love you!

On Tuesday night, my throat hurt so bad I went to urgent care. I haven't been to the regular doctor (PCP) since I was 23 years old! So you know I was sick.. it's been nearly 6 years. I thought I had strep. Turns out I didn't but the doctor sympathized for me, as a breastfeeding mom, so she prescribed me a 5 day zpak Rx! Yesterday was the last day of my 5 day treatment. Owen, today, is on day 8 of his 10 day Rx of Amoxycillin. Dave figured out a great way to give it to him.. slow and steady. Owen also is on benadryl at 1/4 tsp, 4 x a day.  

On Wednesday (my sick day), while Dave was running errands and went to the library to do grad school homework, something monumental happened with Owen. He threw up! Officially! Owen's never spit up or thrown up. So I fed him 4oz.. he still seemed hungry so I warmed up another 3 oz of breastmilk... and he finished it. I was burping him and it looked like 2 oz or so came up. I wasn't mad or anything just really surprised. Owen was immediately less fussy! He's been puking up mucus since he started to be sick but this time it was like a substantial puke.. LOL. I know too much information?! Sorry! I had to blog about it though. So after I cleaned him up and changed him I decided to take some pix of my cutie pie. 

Here are some pix of the skeleton outfit, I got Owen from Gymboree a couple weeks ago. It's size 6m-12m and seriously fits him like a glove! lol!  He's so cute. 




2 comments:

  1. Owen is too cute in that Skeleton Outfit! He is getting so big...I think he looks a lot like Dave. I'm glad you both are starting to feel better! Can't wait to reschedule our play date!

    ReplyDelete