Monday, September 5, 2011

17 weeks Rice Cereal and Gymboree

Yesterday, I went to Gymboree on my lunch break to Glen Ellyn. It was fantastic. I've never been there before and Owen has been going to Thrusday classes since the last week of July. At the class, you start with introducing yourself, your baby, and what's new with your baby. They also do a lot of tactile exercises is how the instructor put it. This song had the word butterfly in it and you rub your baby's belly in heart shape. They do this 'tik-tok' song and then you pinch his cheeks at the end of it. Then, another song was where you patted the floor on each side of Owen's ear. We also did this exercise of blowing up a beach ball in front of Owen then squeezing the air out of it by his ear. Then you blow up the ball again and hold it 10-12 inches above his face and go back and forth, and then up and down to teach Owen depth perception. I've never seen any of these exercises so it was nice. We also did tummy time again with the wiffle balls and the mirror. Dave said this was the best he's ever seen Owen do it at that exercise. :) Then we did a few more tummy time exercises on different gymboree equipment. Finally, we did some bubbles with Owen and the instructor was singing along. It was so cute! I had to leave to head back to work but I left and they were doing the parachute. I hope to see more of Owen at Gymboree and go in a couple weeks for the second part of the 45 minute class. I can't do all of the class as I don't have a 75 lunch break. It takes about 15 minutes to get to-from Glen Ellyn from Naperville.  It's all highway.

Here are some pictures of Owen and I from Gymboree:)















Yesterday, before Gymboree, Dave texted me if Owen had pooped in one of the diapers I had changed in the morning (or night). I guess Owen had a hard time yesterday with Bowel Movements. Dave said he witnessed Owen grunting and trying to poop. It must be part of the new diet routine we have Owen on...

  • Owen drinks as much breastmilk as he wants.. usually every 2-4 hours.
  • Along with his morning bottle he gets his 1 tablespoon of rice cereal plus enough breastmilk to make it soupy. Whatever Owen doesn't finish by spoon, we put it in his bottle so he gets it at one feeding.
  • We do the same rice cereal routine with his afternoon bottle.
  • At  bed time I prepare  a 6 oz FORMULA only bottle. The past few nights Owen's drank anywhere from 3 1/2 oz to all 6 of it.
  • Owen sleeps with a humidifier/vaporizer now. We think it's helping with him sleeping more than 4 hours.
Here are some pix Dave took of rice cereal time with Owen:








I'm getting a little bit better at tummy time @ 17 weeks

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice that you were able to meet up for Gymboree! It looks like so much fun! Owen is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete