Bonus! Another ultrasound. :) Very good! So we have that to look forward to at around 26 1/2 weeks.
What's going on with Georgie....Baby is size of box of sugar or a bag of coffee beans or a papaya...
- Georgie is almost 1 pound.
- Georgie's lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.
- Georgie's eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
- Inside Georgie's belly, her pancreas-- essential for the production of some important hormones-- is developing steadily.
- Real estate is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to, well, breathe!
- I agree! I'm huffing and puffing already!
- There's not much room for your belly button, either-- it'll pop out any day now.
- I agree.. what I dubbed "the grand canyon of belly buttons" is getting more and more shallow!
- During the next month, the baby's weight may almost double
- Her skin is filling out as the first layers of fat are deposited and her muscles grow
- By weeks 23-24, my baby is now about 8-11 inches long and weighs 1-3 pounds.
- What began as gentle wiggling will become poking and even sharp kicking.
- Georgie's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day!
- Watch what you say --- Georgie is NOW able to hear outside noise from down in the womb!
- uh oh! this means no more sailor mouth Kathy.. or I'll try to bring it down a notch.
- Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed.
Allegedly, babies are sleeping a lot nowadays and when I'm more active, Georgie is sleeping. When I'm inactive, Georgie is more awake. Here and there I feel Georgie. It's not all the time but Georgie's there. On Monday night, while I was watching "The Biggest Loser" Georgie was moving and shaking! I actually felt Georgie move my hand a little bit. :) I wish Dave was there to feel Georgie. I'm sure Dave will feel Georgie soon but he's really busy so nothing to report yet.
I hope Dave will feel Georgie move.. tonight we're going to Sweet Tomatoes.. Yum!

awe!! This is so strange to read because your baby is a week off from where I was 27 years ago. My birthday is next Wednesday!! I can't wait for more updates!
ReplyDeleteI love bonus ultrasounds!!! :-) HAVE FUN!
ReplyDeleteme 2, Em!
ReplyDelete