Monday, January 31, 2011

26 weeks

I'm 26 weeks now! 14 to go!


  • Georgie weights about a pound and 2/3rd
  • Georgie measures 14 inches or "an English hothouse cucumber" from head to heel
  • Georgie's ears are better developed and more sensitive tahn before. She/he may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other.
  • Georgie is inhaling/exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for development of his/her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he/she's born and takes that FIRST GULP OF AIR!
  • Georgie continues to put on baby fat
  • If Georgie is a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum--- a trip that will take two to three days.
  • It says "Don't panic if your uterus suddenly starts tightening and relaxing-- Braxton Hicks contractions often begin aroudn this time." They're simply your body's way of practicing and preparing for labor.
    • I haven't had these yet... but wow.. this makes it all-too-real to read!
I'm so excited for baby Georgie.. he/she will be here very very soon!

Some things that I'm noting in this week's blog is a.) my skin looks better than it ever has and b.) it hurts to sneeze. I've always had acne.. it first started when I was young/4th grade on my nose and forehead.. then it migrated to my upper arms?!, and then it went to my chest in high school/swim season was fun! not!, then it found a steady home on my chin/neck area these last 10 years! NOWADAY, I rarely break out, my skin is clear, and I rarely wear makeup. It's lovely! I highly recommend pregnancy over Acutaine. :)  Every woman is different and I've heard skin can get worse.. and I was prepared for that but I've been over the moon with my clear skin. No more chemical peels, no more facials, and more extractions with my dermatologist. Woo hoo!  Instead.. I get blood work and have ultrasound bills instead. haha!

I also noticed how uncomfortable it is to sneeze. When a sneeze is coming on, I look at the sun or light or anything to deter it. Then it hits.. and I always put my hand over my big, budda belly. Oy! I'm only 26 weeks and I can't imagine sneezing at 40 weeks. Yikes!

On Friday night, I went home after work to take care of the dogs.. then went out to eat with Carla, Gabby, and Vivian.. some coworkers of mine from Lifetime Fitness. They were all excited to see my baby bump! They were cooin'g for me and very excited. It made me smile and I loved it :) :) We went to Red Robin.. yum! Then, we went to see No Strings Attached. I give that movie a B-. It was a lil too racy for me but overall, well written and well acted! :) It was good to laugh and catch up with friends!

Mom started to get some RSVPs for the March 12th baby shower.. so that's nice to hear that friends and family can come. So far only...1 no. I'm excited for the baby shower. Dave and I went to Babies'R'Us on Saturday night.. I had $10 in gift certificates which expired and had a 15% off coupon.. so I figured I'd buy something practical for lil Georgie off our registry. So I bought our diaper back pack! It FUNCTIONAL vs. FASHION.. so Dave better thank me for not going with the cutesy diaper bag. We figured I'd have 12 weeks maternity and he'd have 12+ weeks paternity with summer break in there, so he needed a 'man purse'. I'll start to put some of the freebies in there.. like bibs, pacifiers, and things we got for free from registering with BuyBuyBaby and Babies'R'us.

On Saturday, we also packed up the desk and some of the office materials and listed our 3 pieces of office/bedroom furniture. I can't count how many garbage bags full of paper, shredded/old tax documents/etc we dumped out! We got rid of a lot of old stuff/papers that you keep but figure.. if we haven't been audited yet, we aren't going to be. LOL. So,  we're getting there.. slowly but surely. Packing up the office to make it into a nursery is tough. :) We took pix & listed the furniture on Craigslist in hopes to sell it sometime before our (2) pieces of furniture, from Cribs-to-College, arrive.  We'll see! The $ will go into Georgie's college piggy bank.  We're hoping to deposit $5,000 this FY2011 into a college, higher education account like a 429! It depends on how much cash Georgie gets as gifts instead of clothes.

Saturday night, Dave and I had a date night. We went to the nearby Hollywood Palms Theater, had dinner at the theater, and watched True Gift. I was cravvvvvvvving mozzarella sticks. They were delcious! We haven't seen a movie in forever.. together. So it was nice. We went shopping to Old Navy and Marshalls after the movie ended. Dave bought some goodies with christmas gift cards.. and I bought 2 pj bottoms and 1 'kiss me, i'm irish' top! Thank god it fits! I only have 2 pjs that fit me now... so the more comfortable I can be the better. I live for pjs/lounge wair when I get home from work :)

Sunday, Dave and I relaxed. I did chores, laundry, went grocery shopping, and made taco salad for Dave and I. We also made taco salad for a coworker of his at work, who's husband is out on disability and they have 3 toddlers so we volunteered for the January 31st dinner shift. So we hope Rhonda, her husband, and their 3 boys like the taco salad and taco rice :) yum yum!

p.s. I was craving Orange Sherbert.. so I went to Wal Mart to pick that up.. needless to say.. I did a good number on the container in the freezer. It was sooooo good. My belly however, didn't like the sugar overload. :P

Snow is allegedly on the way.. so I'm going to take my 26 week picture outside IN THE SNOW! on Wednesday morning. It'll be Georgie's first blizzard! :) Haha!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for clear skin! What a great weekend you had! You have been busy! :) I hope you sell your things quickly and I think it is a great idea to start saving for Georgie. We opened up accounts through the Bright Start program for our little ones. I can't wait for the snow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: FURNITURE SOLD!!! $150 into Georgie's piggy bank!

    The nursery now looks really empty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing wonderfully with this pregnancy!! I hate sneezing, too. With this cold, I've been coughing so much that my ribs hurt. The babies think I'm playing with them, though, and kick me back when when I cough. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Em! Yes, so far.. only good things to report. I'll be honest with this blog and describe any discomfort I'm feeling. But so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete