Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kelly and Kevin come to visit

This 4th of July weekend Kelly and Kevin came to visit us from Minneapolis. It was great to see them! I hadn't seen Kelly since Labor Day weekend 2010 so she had never seen me pregnant really as I didn't start showing until around Turkey Day 2010. Kelly and Kevin got married on May 14th this year and unfortunately, I couldn't stand up in her wedding due to the proximity of our due date being May 10th.. it would have been too stressful. Owen came on May 4th and to be quite honest I was feeling really healthy on May 14th but I think the stress of driving up to MN while Owen was 1 week old would have been a lot. Plus, at that time I was really engorged like any new mom! 

SO I digress... Kelly and Kevin came in and they got to see the sleep deprived Nash's. Haha. Owen still is not sleeping through the night so we gave them our bedroom to stay in. We blew up our queen sized air mattress and bunked with Owen for 3 nights while they were in town. 

On Friday night, they came in around 9:15 p.m. and we just hung out. Owen  graciously woke up as soon as they walked in the door. Dave was still at work at Outback so sure enough Bert and Ernie were barking.. growling.. and  welcoming K& K to our humble abode.. ahhaha. We are trying to put down Owen at 7:00 each night for 'bath, bottle, and bed'... and so far it's getting there.. some nights he went down right away... other nights he was wide awake until 9, 9:30, 10:00... so I guess it's a work-in-progress. Kelly was very excited to meet Owen. She said he was really cute. Kevin was a natural with Owen.. He held him and was very kind with him :) :) :) They brought us their wedding ceremony program, their wedding favors, and their place card holder and even showed us their wedding video! Since we missed it. It was good to see it :) :) They also were kind enough to bring Owen a present. Owen got a 'taggie' squeaky toy, some baby paper (this crunchy sounding paper wrapped in soft velvet fabric), and a onesie! Thanks guys!

On Saturday, we woke up around 9:00 a.m. and got ready.. We went to Jimmy's Grill around 11:30 a.m. for lunch. Lunch was great and tasted very yummy.  IT WAS A HOT ONE! Probably like 87 degrees and sunny. We had planned to go to rib fest that day as well. So we braved the heat wave and went to Naperville's Ribfest. We all were hot. Everyone was sweating! It wasn't the most pleasant of environments but at least we all got out of the house and did something, right?! Owen was a champ and just slept in his stroller the ENTIRE time we were out there. We were only outside from about 1ish-3ish. There was a kiddie area.. with bungee jump, air castles, petting zoo, riding bull, etc. I could see Owen enjoying Ribfest in the years to come. Something new! It's free for children under 11. It's $12.00/per adult. Dave enjoyed some ribs there as well.. the rest of us did not partake in ribs as we were all full from Jimmy's Grill. I don't like BBQ sauce so I never eat ribs.. even though they smell yummy!

Here are some pix from the Gardner's visit! I didn't take a lot! Sadly. Oh well.

Bert and Ernie patiently waiting for Kelly & Kevin to arrive... summer heat takes its toll

Dave was the only one interested in the petting zoo.. lol

Kevin and Kelly

Dave in the petting zoo... what a trooper

Petting zoo animals.. stinky

Kiddy area at Ribfest

Mom.. I'm hot, and bothered... so I shall sleep

After Rib Fest... we all took shower #2 for the day. LOL.. Even Owen got in the tub! We didn't wait for his bed time routine. We showered and Owen was in heaven in his new out fit feeling all fresh and clean.



Owen 8 1/2 weeks

On Saturday night, we barbeq'ed chicken, burgers, brats, and hot dogs. :) It was yummy and a great way for us all to unwind as the sun was setting. Lots of laughs and good times.. we even went to DQ that night for some blizzards. Kelly and Kevin just bought a brand new equinox last week and drove it from MN so I got to ride in their new ride. It's very nice! I recommend that Chevy purchase. Dave and I are interested in 3 row vehicles only so we'll look at the Chevy Traverse amongst other cars when we have #2 in mind. But that won't be for at least 2 years.

On Sunday, Kelly and Kevin went to Schererville, IN to visit her parents for the day. I just did some laundry and got a MANI/PEDI. It was great! I love it! I put down Owen at 11:00 a.m. and told Dave ok he should be out for 2 hours.. I'm going to get a mani/pedi. And I did! :) I went to Target to pick up some size 1 diapers (the last package before we went into size 2s), nursery water, and made some returns. I returned some size 6-12 month Gerber onesies.. Owen is growing so fast that I didn't want to chance not wearing them this fall. 

On Sunday night, we just relaxed, caught up some more, watched a movie and hit the hey around 10:00 p.m. ... and on Monday.. at 8:00 a.m. Kelly and Kevin hit the road for the journey back home.

Thanks for visiting us! We had a blast.... sorry we were soo tired. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment