Danielle and Annie
Palatine High School science teachers
the mothers of the bride and groom
This past weekend was Megan’s wedding shower. Megan and Mike had been dating forever. I remember when I met Mike and a bunch of his friends. They were a very loud, social, bubbley bunch and I liked them. Megan has such a great group of friends and I’m happy they all live in Chicago together. I wish I had a nice group of friends like that! Most of my good friends are all scattered across the US and Chicagoland. It must be nice to have great friends so close. It makes life really fun! So on Sunday, I drove up to my mom’s house around noon and spent a little time over there. I TOTALLY forgot my pump parts.. so I was really annoyed. I pumped at 10:00 and planned to pump around 1:20 before the 2:00 shower. I gave Owen his bottle around 12:30 and then when I went to go pump I realized “CRAP! I forgot my parts and I just fed Owen 5 oz”. I knew I’d be uncomfortable and engorged at her shower. Now, I will never forget my parts to my pump. LOL. The shower was cute and her aunts did a great job. It was a nice hot summer July day. Megan’s aunts threw her the shower and Megan’s gfs Alexis, Annie, Becky, Rachel, and Kelly helped out with handing her her gifts and making her ribbon bouquet. It was nice J I don’t know who Megan’s bridesmaids are but I’m pretty sure it’s her sister, soon to be sister in laws, and bunch of Iowa friends. She’ll have a nice big parade up there for sure but Mike has brothers and a TON of guy friends so I’m sure it was easy to find a pair for the girls she chose. Megan and Mike, of all of our friends, are the couple who have TONS OF WEDDINGS to go to and they are often in the wedding themselves. J It’s nice to be loved! Megan asked me in June to help with the wedding and handing out the programs so I’ll be doing that. Her colors are navy blue with bright green. My friend Stephanie had a fall wedding in 2009 with those colors and the stationary, program, bridesmaid, flowers, all looked really cool from what I remember! It’s a nice contrast!
the guests
Mike put a cocktail umbrella behind his ear.. haha
the swag
goodies
annie and alexis
I was the lettter "A".. so my gift was opened first ironically
I got them Mr. & Mrs. APRONS from AMAZON.COM and a $50 AMERICAN EXPRESS gift card!!
here are the aprons
Mike's mom gave them some artwork of his (from 3rd grade) framed.. super cute!
The Gabrielson clan
Me, Megan, and Alexis
I got to catch up a little bit with Cheryl and Alexis too. Mike’s mom is AWESOME and I got to get to know her. I love her personality! Mike’s step mom is also really cool. It was nice to get to meet them and hopefully I’ll see them and talk to them again at their October 8th wedding. Danielle, was also at the shower so it was nice to see her again and catch up. I hadn’t see Danielle since Megan’s engagement party last October. Danielle and her hubby are going to try for a baby soon so I wish them the best of luck conceiving. Dave and I got lucky and preggers on our first try but everyone has their own path. Here are some pix from the wedding shower. I got to brag about Owen a lot so that was nice. A lot of Megan’s friends, I’m friends with on facebook, so they all commented about how cute Owen is. J I appreciate the thoughtful remarks J It was a good Sunday and as soon as I walked back in the door from Megan’s, Owen was fed by his uncomfortably mum. Haha.
Sunday was the first time my mom babysat Owen. Mom said Owen was a very very good baby, laughed a lot, coo’d a lot, and even took an hour and a half nap while I was gone. J I’m happy to have a good baby boy. I’m even happier that my mom gets to be a grandma! J The reason we had kids sort of soon in our marriage, was because my parents are older. My mom is 65 and my dad is 62. Dave’s parents are 10 years younger than my mom so I know Owen will remember Dave’s parents but it was my parents that I was worried for. I hope to capture lots of memories on camera and video in case something happens and Owen and his siblings don’t remember the Reid’s.

No comments:
Post a Comment