Sunday, May 1, 2011

39 wks

Happy May! I'm so excited that May finally came.. now if only the baby would!? ha ha! No, I'm just joking. I'm really excited I'm nearly full term and everything has gone so smoothly. No nausea, no vomiting, no pre-labor scares, etc. I'm really fortunate!


I'm 39 weeks!! So what's going on at 39 weeks? Here it is...



  • Georgie continues to build a layer of fat to help control his/her body temperature after birth
  • Georgie measures about 17-23 inches
  • Georgie weighs a bit over 7 pounds but is likely in the 6-10 pounds range
  • Georgie is a mini watermelon
  • Boys tend to weight slightly heavier than girls according to the above stats
  • Georgie's outer layer of his/her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath
  • Georgie is able to flex his/her limbs
  • Georgie's nails might extend past his/her fingertips

me at 39 weeks

Ernie looking up at me

me at 39 weeks




So I already blogged about Friday's dinner out with Sondie at OTB! On Saturday, Dave and I tidy'd up the house and got more organized. My parents came over to visit, see the dogs, and help out with gardening. We ate dinner together then Dave and I rented "little fockers" on pay-per-view! It was a nice Saturday! Sunday, I slept in.. I went to bed around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday and woke up at 6:23 a.m.... I'd say that's a very nice stretch of sleep for being 39 weeks pregnant! :) I feel like a gold medalist in sleeping and bladder control.


Today, Becca came over to hang out and visit me before the baby came. It was nice of her to visit me! It's a hike from her Chicago apartment so I really appreciated it. We relaxed, watched Happy Gilmore, caught up, and took the dogs out for a nice long walk.  


Here are some pix of the flowers and of my bump at 39 weeks + 1 day.


I went to Menards for the hanging flower bag.. $9.99

My profile at 39 weeks and Ernie and Bert.. they hate when I leave the house and keep them in

New impatiens planted in the front.. looks like the hosta from last year is peeking through

side yard of our town house. only 1 of my mini daffodils came back :( but we planted 5 impatiens on the side so hopefully they bloom well

4 mini daffodils are here and Mom planted impatiens on the side for me :) Thanks, Mom!

Mom and I planted the 4 planters in the back but Mom took care of all the ground flowers for me :)

the backyard is so shady.. hopefully the impatiens brighten it up!

soon-to-be-Dad working on his dreaded grad school homework today

mom and Ernie!  39 weeks

Me and Ernie.. my first child

Me and Bert... my second child!

Bert is sniffing me

Bert's excited to be a big brother!

me at 39 weeks. Becca calls my bump a bullet. LOL

front pic of me.. check out my fab cankles

another shot of the bump

Bert snoozing away on a lazy Sunday

Ernie enjoying the view.. thank god for the sunny 63 degree weather today!



2 comments:

  1. The house looks great! May is a great time to bring home a baby! :) I love the pictures of you with Bert and Ernie! Do you think they will miss the bump?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks! you'd think gardening would have put me into labor.. ha! oh well!

    the dogs are so precious.. I luv 'em! i think they will miss the bump for sure but at the end of the day, if i make time for cuddling, they'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete