On Friday, Dave and I went out for our first date night.. and Owen had his first babysitters. Dave's parents had the opportunity to become Owen's first babysitter! Linda and Ted came over around 3:30 and Dave came home at 4:00.
I picked up the movie tix the day before since it was opening weekend and even a 4:30 show time can sell out.. ya never know?! Right?! We had a $20 gift card leftover from Christmas so our night out cost nothing more than the 10 minute drive down 59 to AMC.
We went to see Hangover 2. All in all it was a good movie. I had really high expectations for it since the first movie, Hangover, is one of my all time favorite movies due to the character, Alan. :) It was funny, vulgar, had a lot of unnecessary nudity, and was my type of movie. Ha! It was good and I recommend seeing it... but from the comfort of your own home via redbox.
Dave and I chuckled and caught up a lil bit. We spent a lot of time talking about Owen but that was expected. I don't feel comfortable leaving Owen behind for more than a few hours.. so we only saw a movie.. no dinner. :) We had leftovers anyway. Dave's friend Chris works at Maggiano's so Dave had "mom's lasagna" to bake and eat for dinner. Dave's parents left about an hour after we returned so Dave and I hung out and spent some time with our lil Owen. :) It was a first date night out.
Thank goodness for 3 day weekends!
I am glad you were able to get out for a little while! It feels good to get away! :)
ReplyDelete