So when you push you hold your breath. Theresa counts to 10 and I'm not allowed to exhale until she gets to 10. I repeat that 2 more times. So 3 sets. Then the contraction is over.. then we relax and I catch my breath. It went well. Dr. Frangella said I was doing a great job and that the baby had little hair. When Dr. Frangella said that I was so shocked that just after a few pushes she could ALREADY see Georgie's head! Holy moly! It was setting in.. in a matter of minutes or maybe an hour, I'd be a mom and I'd see my Georgie. I was so curious as to what he'd look like. Again, praise must be given to Dave for being so calm and helping me.. and praise must be given to my amazing nurse Theresa for being so awesome at everything that night!
So a few more pushes and then out HE came!
so at 5:35 a.m.
weighing 6 lbs 14 oz
and coming in at 20 inches long
we had our son!
I saw him on my chest and it was so surreal. I did not cry. Dave did not cry. We were just in shock. Here are the pictures of our son as he was just born...
Owen's first picture!
getting all cleaned up
the clock... soon after he was delivered
Mom is all thumbs up!
Owen :)
6 lbs 14 oz!
keeping warm
when I first saw Owen... I thought he looked just like Brandon, Dave's 26 yr old brother
Owen with the doc... Dr. Bridget Frangella
My first pic with Owen
adoring my lil guy
skin 2 skin... boy was I puffy and tired! it's 5:35 a.m. for ya though
Daddy and Owen
Our first family photo!! :) (sans Bert and Ernie)
So what's in a name? Michael vs. Owen
We spent the next few minutes just taking it all in. We were parents. Our son was not crying. He was healthy. He was beautiful and he got his eye goop medicine and his vitamin K shot. Our son was really quite content with his mom during skin to skin. :) We enjoyed our skin to skin and I tried my best to nurse and get the ball rolling with teaching Owen to root and breast feed. Dave and I talked a bit to come up with a name. The sun was up by now and it was morning.
We looked at our son and had these names picked out: Michael James, Brayden Alan, Brady Alan, & Jackson "Jack" Alan . So we discussed it a little bit. Then we wrote down the 4 names on pieces of paper.. and decided whatever name was picked would be his name as we couldn't come to an agreement even after meeting our son. Then, I picked the piece of paper with the words:Michael James. Dave did a victory dance and hoot'n'hollared. Dave's FAVORITE and top name! My top name was Jackson. Then we were there.. with Michael. I made my phone call to my parents.. Dave made his phone call to his parents to announce it. Then we were sitting there recuperating/ skin to skin. Then Dave continued to call Michael, Otie.. or Owen. Not once but twice. He said it. I asked Dave, why do you keep calling him Owen? Dave's like I don't know!? I personally liked Owen much better than Michael. I thought he looked like a Jackson, Brady, or Owen more than a Michael. When I think of Mikey/Mike/Michael I think of darker features like brown hair, brown eyes, etc. Owen's always been on my top 10 list and Dave's list seriously was like 1 name long. He was dead set on Michael. lol. I also liked names like Ethan, Evan, Andrew, Owen, Michael, Brady, Jackson, Brayden, Aiden, and James were my top 10.
So we ended up swapping it out! Michael became Owen. Dave is determined our next son will be Michael though, just in case you are wondering. Haha.
So we named him Owen Theodore Nash. We both decided that Alan (OAN) and James (OJN) were not good middle names. OJ.. yea I don't think so. A leather glove!? NOT! So we decided to use Theodore as it's Dave's middle name, Dave's dad's middle name, and Dave's grandpa's middle name. So we thought it fit. OTN. Dave still calls Owen, OT or Otie like Garfield's lil pal. Haha. I nicknamed Owen, O's, or CheeriO's. LOL. Those are my nicknames for him today. That's about it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment