Thursday, July 28, 2011

Going back to work at 12 weeks

Happy 12 weeks, Owen!
What's new? Owen has discoverd his hands. He continues to put his hands in his mouth and discover the phlanges on those hands. He may be becoming a thumb sucker. I continue to pull away his hands, wipe them off, and replace his hands with his pacifier. Who knows if this will work? And for how long? We'll see. I hope he doesn't become a thumb sucker. It's a gross habit and he'll be extra germy and probably get sicker being a thumb sucker. I also heard it's harder to break thumb sucking over pacifier babies.
On Wednesday, July 27th I went back to work!  Owen turned 12 weeks so it was my time and the end of my FMLA (family medical leave act). It was awesome spending one-on-one time with Owen these last past weeks. We had long nights, reached some milestones, and overall bonded.  It’s been great seeing Owen grow and I seriously cannot believe how big he’s gotten. Somewhere around week 6 is when he really took off and started to fill out. Now my baby boy has chunkier thighs and chubby cheeks and a double chin. All more to love. J He’s the best and I’m looking forward to the many months and years with Owen… and soon, introducing Owen to a little brother or sister. Hopefully on/around Owen’s 2nd birthday we’ll have another munchkin. If not, we’ll have our sweet Owen and dogs and travel to look forward to for the rest of our lives.  Sounds good to me.
Dave took Owen to CRADLE TALK on Wednesday while I worked too. He was the only boy there! He told the Cradle Talk moms that he sent me flowers for my first day back. Dave said the women went “awwww” and “I wish my husband did that”. It was cute hearing the story. Dave said our friend Jen, who had her baby boy Bennett, last week WAS THERE. I was shocked at how she brought Bennett just one week old out and about. She’s brave. I totally was way too tired to leave the house when Owen was 1 week old. She’s a solider alright! So Dave got to see Jen and baby Bennett. Hopefully next week I can take an early lunch and join Owen and Daddy. Cradle Talk is only for 0-6 months old so it’d be nice for Owen and Dave to gain the knowledge, hear the Q&A from the other moms, and get a moms-point-of-view besides mine. Owen’s 12 weeks old so we’ve got another  12 Wednesdays before we graduate from Cradle Talk.  I think it’ll be good for Dave, and our relationship to hear other moms’ whoas and concerns about motherhood. I think it’ll be great for Dave as a father to learn by seeing too. Dave is a visual learner so it’ll be good to for Dave to see other moms with their babies and give me advice on how I can become a better mom based on what he’s seeing and hearing from these other 20+ moms that go each week.  Terrie and Thomas will be there next week, Wednesday too so that’ll be good.
Dave surprised me with flowers at work. Here they are. He got me 2 dozen roses in pink, red, and that 2 toned color too. They were very nice and thoughtful. I took all the leaves off as I hate when leaves get soggy in water so I just deleaved the bunch of flowers.. now they look naked, sorta. Hahah. Oh well! The note was very kind and he sent me chocolates too. YUM!  Thanks Dave.


After Cradle Talk, Dave came over to my work with Owen to break up the day as he put it. It was a nice guesture to see and spend time with Owen. As soon as I walked outside, out to my car, and opened the door.. I smelled Owen’s AWESOME BABY SMELL. Even though Owen was fussy, I didn’t care. I loved seeing him. It made my day. J  I got to spend about 15 minutes with Dave and Owen in the lobby and I gave Owen a bottle too. It was nice to see Owen. Some coworkers that were on their lunch break passed us and got to see him too. They all think he’s adorable and sweet! J

Happy 12 weeks, Owen!


Yesterday at work, I pumped twice and got (2) 5 ½ oz bottles. So that’s good that my milk supply is what it should be. I pumped 31 oz yesterday which is pretty average for me. I’m glad I’m able to pump enough for Owen’s appetite.
Please pray that my milk supply stays up for Owen. Please pray that Owen sleeps through the night. And please pray for Dave that he may find rest soon and keep up his energy with his busy schedule at Benedictine, studying, working at Outback, taking care of Owen at night and day, and growing his Prepaid Legal business still. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the pumping! Keep up the great work!! I am happy to hear going back to work is going okay for you and glad you got to see Owen at lunch! The flowers are beautiful! Only 2 days until you are home with the boys for the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete