Saturday, May 28, 2011

3 weeks old and a keepsake box

Owen is now 3 weeks old! :) Some things that are new this week: Dave and I had a date night last night & I gave Owen 3 ounces of breast milk in a Medela bottle yesterday. He drank it all!! It makes me wonder if I'm giving him enough when we are breastfeeding. I hope so. I know he has frequent feedings and goes through a lot of diapers as well. He seems to be getting fuller and his newborn clothes are fitting him properly. :)


Dave and I went out to a 4:30 show of Hangover 2. It was fairly good... the first one is one of my favorite movies so I had really high expectations for this one. It was good. The movie was based around the fact that they 'lost' Stu's fiancee's little 16 year old brother, Teddy. The 3 guys have temporary amnesia due to drugs again and had way too much fun in Thailand. All in all.. it was a good movie but definitely a rental in my opino


I get these weekly updates for 'my new baby'.. and it states that Owen is getting more and more alert these days at 3 weeks. Totally true! Owen is staying up longer and not napping as much during the day. He still gets in my opinion, a more solid sleep during the day vs. night. I found a solution to my lack of good sleep at night... netflix.


I watch movies on 'instant watch'... and I'll begin to watch Dexter as well. I've watched "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Good Will Hunting" and "SNL the best of Adam Sandler" so far. It's really hard for me to wake up to feed Owen in the middle of the night as he still wakes up every 2-3 hours.  Since Owen's been born, I haven't had more than a 2 hour nap. I get lots of mini naps when Owen is sleeping. Regardless, I need to myself wake up when he wakes up because otherwise I get engorged!! 


Also in the weekly update email, it says since Owen sleeps on his back, it's important to get in some tummy time during the day. We do most of our tummy time on my chest as Owen is less fussy with that and he is getting a stronger neck by the day. Soon he'll be holding his head up and maybe soon put out his arms straight. :)  I love this age of 3 weeks. Here's Dave and Owen's tummy time which turned into bedtime.. 


Dave wanted me to take some pix of him and Owen while he was froggy sleeping

Owen watching sports with Owen snoozin' away

Owen getting bigger

Owen alert!

Owen snoozy on our bed

Also this week, Owen and I went to Hobby Lobby 2 times to get our keepsake box stuff. We bought a box for $3.99 and some stickers/paper for his baby album scrapbook. Here's some pix from my crafty project. I wrapped up all the cards we've received these past weeks into one stack and then the other stack was from our March baby shower. 

Owen's keepsake box

Owen's keepsake box... side view

close-up of his box

Checklist on the lid

Inside the box

bella baby cd, footprints, and cards.. check

This week I also put up Owen's Dr Seuss vinyl quote and the letters. Both of these wall decorations are from Etsy.com :) They look great. Dave thinks the letter's should be higher. Oh well! I think it looks good. At Hobby Lobby, I also picked up some 5x7 frames to put up our maternity pix/ Owen's newborn pix from bellababy. Here are some pix from the nursery COMPLETE.

New letters.. O W E N



Above Owen's crib

Owen's pictures

Maternity pic at the top followed by 2 of the black and white pix from bellababy

3 comments:

  1. In those pictures of Owen, I think he is starting to look like Dave! :) Do you have any baby pictures of Dave? Do they look similar? The nursery looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Owen def looks like Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to upload some pix of Dave... I don't think it'll work.. they are .tif files.. I need to convert them to .jpg for blogger! stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete