10 pounds 4 ounces!
aka
Owen is smack dab in the 50th percentile based on other May 4th babies
Holy Cow! He is doing great with feeding and Dr. S says to start putting him on the work schedule I'll soon be on. My maternity FMLA 12 week leave ends on July 31st and I return on Monday, August 1st.
Dr. S also suggested I burp Owen before, during, and after each feeding session. Regarding how many ounces I should be bottle feeding.. it is enough to where in 20-25 minutes there's a little left in the bottle. He recommends 4 ounces. Owen gulps down 3 ounces, 4 ounces, and even 5 ounces sometimes. He is a hungry boy! I hope I'm producing enough for him!
I thought we'd have shots today... but nope! No Shots! So that means Owen will be healthy, no fevers, and a good boy the rest of the week. In July, at his 2 month checkup he'll get the shots and drops.
Owen is doing great with looking side to side now. Still no smiles on command yet but that's ok. He's doing great developmentally, in my opinion. Loves to kick and squirm. He's most active in the evening between 5 pm-11 pm in my opinion.
Owen is doing great with looking side to side now. Still no smiles on command yet but that's ok. He's doing great developmentally, in my opinion. Loves to kick and squirm. He's most active in the evening between 5 pm-11 pm in my opinion.
Owen and Bert continue to be great with Owen. Constantly sniffing him. Walking with Owen in the stroller and 2 dogs is annoying. I'm trying to take 1 long walk with my boys daily and then shorter walks when the dogs have to go potty.I find myself yelling a lot at my dogs because Bert and Ernie should be named Sniffer #1 and Sniffer #2. They constantly sniff and mark their territory vs. go on a walk for exercise. I think I'm going to have to just be Mrs. Mean and put them on one of those short leashes instead of the flexi- leashes and have them walk by my side. It's much easier having those leashes around my wrists thatn the flexi-leashes in my hands and pushing the buttons to make the leashes shorter when other walkers/strollers/dogs share the path.
Tomorrow, we're heading up to Grafton, Wisconsin to visit my friend Sara. She has 3 kids.. and Blake turned 1 this past Friday and I have yet to meet her. So that'll be a nice little road trip and visit. I'm excited to hang out and have a little play date for Owen.
No comments:
Post a Comment