Saturday, June 18, 2011

first trip to Chicago

Yesterday, Owen and I went to Chicago. We had my OB appointment at 11:00 a.m. first. Everything checks out and it appears I have another week or so of healing before I'm back to normal but all in all things are going well and I shouldn't have to see the doc until next year when I'd have my normal annual checkup. So after my doc appointment, Owen and I hit the road for Chicago.

It took us about 1 hour 10 minutes to drive to Chicago around lunch time. I thought we'd get there sooner but that's Friday in the city for ya. We made it to bucktown and visited Megan. We went up to her aparment.. 2 flights. I've never tried carrying a baby in a stroller up 2 flights. haha. It was quite the site! I jokingly told Megan, if you want to live in the city with a baby... make sure to get a first floor apartment. LOL!

So I changed Owen's diaper and breastfed him and then we went out for lunch to Cafe DeLuca. It was yummy! I had breakfast for lunch.  It was very tasty. I recommend that place.

Then after lunch, we strolled along Damen to the Red Balloon  baby store. Everything there was adorable... but costly. I saw a couple of sleepers there that were $32+. They had really cute, creative nursery decor there but everything I liked was like $49 or $89. Sooo yea... I bought a book for Owen instead! :) It's really cute and has a finger puppet dolphin. 

I left the city around 4ish and made it home by 6:00. I tried to beat rush hour but I guess it doesn't really matter when you leave on a Friday.. you'll hit traffic.

Owen slept the entire drive to the city and back home for it! No blow out diapers and only one feeding. All in all... another successful baby road trip. I'm proud of my champ of a son. :)
I totally forgot to take pix yesterday in the city too.. I was too excited to see and spend time with Megan.. Ah! Bad mom. Oh well. It was a perfect day in the city and Owen enjoyed eating outside on the patio with mom and Megan. 

When I got home last night from Chicago, I changed Owen's loaded diaper and breastfed him  and tidy'd up a little bit because Seth and Megan decided to stop over to meet Owen.

They brought over a cute doggy layette for Owen! Size 3 months so time to wash it and put it on him. Owen's currently in some newborn clothes and some 0-3 month clothes... I digress. haha.

I hadn't seen them in forever! Probably since spring 2010. Their daughter, Elizabeth, is so big now! She's 1 year and like 9 months old and Megan is pregnant again with their second. Her due date is October 9th or somewhere around there. They are being surprised again with their second. Megan is still working 2/3rds as a middle school, English teacher, I believe. So Elizabeth sleeps from 9:30a.m.-11:30 a.m. and Megan is a stay-at-home mom with her from about noon onward. She and this other teacher worked it out so they split the grading and everything. Megan gets all her TRA and benefits too working 2/3rds of a day. She'll return back to teaching after her 8 week maternity leave. Her mother-in-law will move back in for the school year too to help raise the new lil one and by then, 2 year old Elizabeth.  Megan praises her Schaumburg school district 54, boss, and everything. She loves what she does. 

I told Megan I'd come visit her since she's on summer break. So we'll have another playdate... this time I'll make sure to break out the camera. Whoops! 


No comments:

Post a Comment