On Wednesday, Owen turned the big 6 weeks! I'm 1/2 way through my maternity leave. Hoping the last 6 weeks don't fly by quite as quickly as the first have.
On Wednesday, June 15th, Dave, Owen and I all treked up to cheesehead land. We drove to Grafton, WI to meet the Kreneks! He slept the entire drive up north. Wow! Good baby indeed. Dave and I were seriously impressed. No fussing at all! I guess it's not necessary for one of us to sit in the backseat with him after all. Sara and I went to high school and she now has 3 kids. Her younger sister, Lauren, and I were thick as thieves in high school and youth group. Sara graduated in '97 from Fremd, the same year as my brother, but we still keep in touch thanks to Facebook! Sara has 3 GORGEOUS kids now and was nice enough to have a playdate with us.
Sara and Lauren's mom, Vicki was in town from Plano, TX so I got to see her as well. I hadn't seen Vicki since memorial day weekend 2010 when I went to Ft. Smith, AR to visit Lauren. I hadn't seen Sara since I want to say winter '09 when Lauren was up in Grafton, WI visiting the Kreneks herself. Elizabeth and I went up there to visit and we had a sleepover. It was great! Good ole times! Now Elizabeth lives in Chicago, Heather lives in Plano (TX), Lauren lives in Ft. Smith (AR), and I live in Naperville.. so too many miles between the gang for sure! I'll be seeing Heather 4th of July as she's coming to Barrington (her home) for a week's visit! I get to show off Owen to Heather and her family and lil 3 yr old, Abby.
Here are some pix from our first trip to Wisconsin.
Of course.. I forgot to pack a blanket and within 10 mins of being at Sara's Owen had a blow out so an outfit change was in order. I packed a summer outfit (sleeveless) and guess what.. it was like 60 something degrees in Wisconsin. Whoops! bad planning on my part. So here is Owen borrowing Blake's blankey.. hahahah. He's fussy here! LOL He was so cold though with cold lil hands. I love my baby in pink! haha!
Reese enjoying her afternoon/ after- nap snack.
Owen seriously had like 5 diaper changes while we were there! Here he is in his trucker summer outfit!
Johnny 5 and Blake 1
Hahahhahahaha. I just got that. Johnny 5!
Owen.. welcome to the Krenek house!
Reese, Owen, Johnny, and Blake
I noticed how Reese copies Johnny a lot and even tilts her head like Johnny does for pix!
Blake has the cutest smile!
funny face time.. Dave told the kids to make a funny face here are the sequence of pix!
monkey see- monkey do.. Reese looks to Johnny for inspiration!
aka pushing on your face!
Thanks for the visit Sara... looking forward to the next!


No comments:
Post a Comment