Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Today was Father's Day! It was hot and muggy. We woke up at 7:30 a.m. and hit the road by 8:30 a.m. to get up there. I was running late so I got ready and showered at my parent's house. Dave went golfing up north, at 9:50 a.m. tee time with his dad, my dad, and my brother Jerry.  They played 9 holes. Dave shot 38! He was proud and had a great time while the nagging hens stayed at home. Dave treated his dad and Jerry treated our dad to 9 holes!

Owen and I hung out at mom and dad's house in Rolling Meadows and played with Grandma Reid, Grandma Nash, Aunt Stacy, and cousin Mason. 

All in all it was a great day.

We got Dad a mug for Father's Day. We made it Pottery Bayou a week or two ago and picked it up yesterday. It's a very cute, charming lil place right downtown Naperville.


Owen's foot prints on the mug :) Dad loves to eat oatmeal every day.. out of a mug. Hopefully Dave appreciates and likes his gift, from Owen.


We also made a plate to hang on the wall or display on a shelf. I plan to make plates for every child I have. My friends Sara and Lauren do it and I love the idea! Here are some pix of the pottery place and Owen's plate.





a friendly duck was looking for food as I was taking pix of the pottery place


Owen's lil foot prints.. this took effort for a 5 week old! lol!



Owen's father's day outfit


owen's gift all wrapped up for Daddy


off to Grandma's house... at 8 a.m.!

BBQ time.. golf is over!

My dad opening up his card and gift

Dave opening up Owen's card

Mason looking at the action.. Mason is 10 months old now

Dad opening owen's gift!

Dave loves it!

Bert sleeping on the deck!

BBQ over.. now everyone is in a food coma... especially Dave

time for dessert... Stacy feeding Mason (10 months)

yum!

thanks mom!

The Reid's

Grandpa Reid and Owen (6 1/2 wks)

Grandpa Nash and Owen (6 1/2 weeks)



No comments:

Post a Comment